Obtaining Chinese visa

(I trust the mods will move this if its not in the right place.)

I needed to renew my Chinese visa. After a fairly extensive internet search, I used visaexpress.net with good results and the cost is very reasonable. Regular service $39, or $49 for one year multiple entry (plus Consulate fees, of course), plus choice of return delivery services. I FedEx'd to their office in Houston on Monday, and received their FedEx back the following Monday, only 4 workings days time. The FedEx both ways was extra cost, but I wanted a tracking number for something as important as my passport. Faster service is extra cost, but it costs me almost $49 to park in San Francisco (two times), so I consider it a bargain.

Hello,

The one I used was www.visarite.com. Standard single entry was 4 - 5 days processing time and I copied the rest below.

Consular Fee: $50.00

Visa Processing Fee: $35.00

Return Shipping Fee: $10.00. Passports will be returned by FedEx or UPS second day service. Add $9.00, if overnight delivery service is preferred.

= The total amount is US$95.00

There is a saver package for $5 cheaper for 7- 10 days, but this was the cheapest I found.

Cheers :icecream:

I used Oasis International Travel Corp http://www.oasischinavisa.com/index.html The past two times I travel to China, their service is fast and reliable. The last time I forgot to sign the visa application form, they called me and I faxed them a signed form. Very nice service. This one was recommended on the Chinese embassy site in Washington DC.

$50 visa + 19.95 service fee + $14.40 for the priority mail back to me. Total $84.35

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)