hello everybody

our I-129 was sent from NVC to GUZ on sept. 12 and our I-130 is still at NVC

I just received the affidavit of support bill yesterday is there a chance that this will catch the I-129 at GUZ should I continue with the I-130 or is it time to drop it

I-129 = K-1 , I-130= CR-1 is this correct ?

thanks for all the great info. mike

g

There is still a good chance that the CR-1 will get to GUZ before the interview, if this happens they will convert the K-3 interview to a CR-1 with out changing the interview date. Of course this is dependant upon you completing the P3 packet for the CR-1 and paying all the fees ASAP. Eventually you will need to complete the I-130 process even if your SO gets to the US via a K-3, you just have to file for an adjustment of status and that whole proccess in the US. I am pretty sure you can't cancel the I-130 (CR-1), but you may be able to delay paying some of the fees.

There is still a good chance that the CR-1 will get to GUZ before the interview, if this happens they will convert the K-3 interview to a CR-1 with out changing the interview date. Of course this is dependant upon you completing the P3 packet for the CR-1 and paying all the fees ASAP. Eventually you will need to complete the I-130 process even if your SO gets to the US via a K-3, you just have to file for an adjustment of status and that whole proccess in the US. I am pretty sure you can't cancel the I-130 (CR-1), but you may be able to delay paying some of the fees.

You can't cancel the I-130 but you can delay paying the fees in favor of the K3 visa.

I don't think the I-130 process will catch up to the I-129F if the I-129F is already at the consulate. The I-130 still has a long ways to go.

Concerning the I-130, all that is needed for filing the I-485 application for adjustment is a copy of the USCIC approval notice (NOA2) of the I-130. There's no need in completing the I-130 process once the K3 visa holder is in the US.

Our CR-1 caught up and passed our K-3. My wife interview was for her CR-1, I feel very fortunate it sure has made the process so easy, I wouldn¡¯t want it any other way, next is our Change of Conditions and her 10-year green card.

If your K3 package was sent from NVC to GUZ on 9/12/06 - you are still looking at January or February for an interview date. P3 package will probably arrive at SO's middle of Oct. send it back and then the name check and P4 letter probably in late Nov or early Dec. with late January interview date. This still gives you some time to complete the CR-1 process - You could probably have it on its way to GUZ by the end of Nov. if you are diligent.

Prepare the DS-230 part I for your SO - she needs to sign it, but they will accept a scanned/printed copy of it with her signature. So get the pdf fillable form, complete Part I and print, scan into computer and email to wife in China, have her print it, sign it and re-scan it and email back to you (You can also do this with a fax, but the quality is much worse). Then you will have it ready to go when they mail you the Immigrant Visa application (DS-230 part I). You have to wait until you receive the P3 package because there is a barcode sheet you need to return with application. GOOD LUCK - In these K3/CR1 cases timing is the key :D