I-864 WTF??!!??

I sent in the I-864 back in june-july. Today I recieved an RFE, 3 months later, it was stamped recieved July 12. It took them 3 months after reviewing it to decide this...

Their first complaint was I didn't complete all of my address... I left the Apartment # blank because I don't live in an apartment, and have done that on every form I've filled out so far.

Their second was that my parents income listed on the form didn't match the w2 and income tax return transcripts...BS, it does match, i proof read it 100 times...why's it take 3 frickin months to tell someone this? The only thing I can possibly see is, my father's employeer didn't file the w2, but my father paid the taxes for this job, the employeer got an extension of some kind or delay on filing taxes, but he has paid his income tax on that job, and has the w2 provided by employeer. The IRS has no record of this w2 but we just sent in the one the employeer provided. His total yearly taxable income was correct from what he earned, and was fully taxed.

Their 3rd complaint was it wasn't in black ink. WTF? It is in black, I used a black bic ink pen. Matter of fact I still have the package of pens I bought when I filled it out.

If all goes well, I am going to China in January and don't plan to return until she has visa in hand. The people that run this country are morons and after January I don't plan to set foot in it again without my wife. This whole deal wouldn't be so friggin moronic if they'd just allow a visit at least once a year.

I understand your frustration, but don't let it stop the visa process.

On the I-864 just like any other form do not leave any item empty. Fill those that don't apply with N/A and where the answer is none use NONE.

Have your Dad get his tax transcripts and use the numbers on them, also with the tax transcripts you don't need to supply the W-2's. Forget about the employer reported or non-reported amount, give them the amount that is on the tax transcripts and move on.

If you need to use the fillable form and print them using a computer do it.

Your main objective is to get either the CR-1 or K-3 on it's way to GZ, nothing will happen until they get moving to China. Once one or both get sent to China you have obligations to take care of in the process that you may not be able to take care of from China. It is futile to fight the process too much as you can only make it go slower.

While it may feel degrading and stupid, you gotta put up with it to keep the visa process moving.

Welcome to the Matrix my friend.

1) You must learn the the power of N/A or None. Put it in every block of every form from now on.

2) Don't blame USCIS for this. You need to serve it up on a silver platter with every i dotted and t crossed. Don't expect someone there to use analytical thinking.

3) Use fillable PDF's in the future. I am not sure why your black was not black enough.

I usually don't post in this forum, however your last paragraph worries me. I would strongly advise you to check the ego and get prepared for a long hard road.

Sorry, I can't relate to your attitude,. The challenges just might be beginning and you should be getting squared away to deal with them.

As far as my bona-fides, check my member number as my status. If I had your attitude, I would be in worse shape.

I am trying to provide an old-timer's helpful nudge to chill out a little bit and rethink your strategy and attitude. I do not mean criticize you. I came in during the original black hole, missed that one, but am now the black hole myself. An attitude like yours would not be serving me well now.

Take care.