P4 Packet Documents Required

Hi, I have the following question. In the P4 packet where it says what to submit during medical exam, one of the bullet points says

"Notarial Unmarried Statement. Only males 22 or older, and females 20 or older need to submit this document. This certificate is only valid for one year."

This is a CR-1 case so we are already married. Do my wife still need to get a notarized unmarried statement?

Thanks!

Hi, I have the following question. In the P4 packet where it says what to submit during medical exam, one of the bullet points says

"Notarial Unmarried Statement. Only males 22 or older, and females 20 or older need to submit this document. This certificate is only valid for one year."

This is a CR-1 case so we are already married. Do my wife still need to get a notarized unmarried statement?

Thanks!

Getting an unmarried certificate might be a bit difficult to get since she is married. B)

I believe there is mention of supplying the documents that apply to your case.

I posed the same question a while ago when my wife got her P4, and I emailed her packet's contents to Tigerfortune. You'd think there would be a case specific mention about what documents are required but I can find nothing on them that distinguished between the type of visa application. Several people did advise me that an Unmarried Notarial certificate is not needed for a CR1, which only makes sense, and my wife heard the same story on the chinese BBS she posts to. One less piece of paper ehh Tigerfortune, I know I was relieved to learn a CR1 does not need it.

I posed the same question a while ago when my wife got her P4, and I emailed her packet's contents to Tigerfortune. You'd think there would be a case specific mention about what documents are required but I can find nothing on them that distinguished between the type of visa application. Several people did advise me that an Unmarried Notarial certificate is not needed for a CR1, which only makes sense, and my wife heard the same story on the chinese BBS she posts to. One less piece of paper ehh Tigerfortune, I know I was relieved to learn a CR1 does not need it.

naogong, do you know for sure if the unmarried notarial statement is not need for a CR-1 case? If anyone else, has any experience, please advise.

Thanks!