I-485 finally shows in the system

Receipt Number: MSC0629XXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 21, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Our I-485, which was received by USCIS on July 20th has finally showed up in the web tracking system. The notice above is what is listed.

I love the phrase "received here for processing". Where is "here"? Nothing else in the notice defines here. Of course the MSC number denotes the National Benefits Center (formerly the Missouri Service Center). We also know that I-485s are usually processed by the local Distict Office so that's where "here" probably is.

I also wonder why it took two months to wend its way from the Chicago Lockbox to the National Benefits Center to the District Office. I don't recall that being discussed here before. There's also no mention of interview and there is a "we will mail you" so I guess if I'm really optimistic I can conclude that we'll get a GC without interview. Without interview would be a mixed blessing because then we'll need to go through another proceedure to change from her maiden name to her married name.

Ohh ... and no mention anywhere of our EAD filing also on July 20th.