I think I messed up already

I was reading some posts and read Ellis-island, posts about denials and such.... I just realized that while preparing my I-130, while I did mention my past relationship(k1/marriage), briefly... I feel I should have expanded upon it and explained it more thourghly. I'm afraid by not doing so, I have opened the door for an RFE and an undesired delay. I'm thinking , that maybe I was thinking they had my file from before so they would know of it. I did give the information on my G325a AND i-130, where it was requested. I also gave the divorce decree.

I'm thinking at this point, having just received the noa1 one month ago, it would be useless and pointless to provide this information now.

Boy, was I a dunce <_<

any thoughts on this? , besides I'm dunce

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I'm not sure what your RFE would be for? If you sent in the proper paperwork and it's filled out properly... there's no need for further explanations about past relationships.

DHS just wants to approve your petition, not past relationships; GUZ might examine past issues/relationships.

This is the link that made me concerned.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

I guess I'm concerned that my past relationship might raise a flag. I'm confident I did fill the papers out correctly which affirmed I had a prior petition approved. Plus I spoke of the past relationship briefly when explaining my current marriage in a letter.

I guess I will make all of this information available to my wife. she is quite aware of everything, so, nothing will be a surprise to her.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

yes, I'm well aware of that article.. having mentioned it in passing many times in threads... and having thought about his opinions on filing the petitions...

But you mentioned an RFE, which is a DHS/USCIS issue.. Ellis doesn't really talk about petitions not making it through USCIS; but petitions being revocated by the consulates.

Interesting that he notes the issue of K1s with revocations to get married as advice from lawyers.. One could infer from this, that a marriage relationship is somehow considered more bona-fide than the K1 relationship ?! Maybe... but we've seen marriage situations end up with revocations too.

Consider that [with our small sample set at CFL] K1s passing rate is better than CR1s... So it's clear that CR1s are possibly a tougher interview, but makes sense when one realizes that the consular adjustment occurs in their process/interview.

I think you did right to mention something of the past relationship.. but it's not clear that a two page explanation is any better than a brief mention.

If the consulate is going to suspect the current relationship based on a past one, then my gut says to make the current one look very different and standing on it's own merits.

My opinion has always been that the best proof of a bona-fide relationship is time spent with the SO. That's why I arranged to go to china three times; one time for three months (to correct a few flags I felt existed in my case).

This amount of time and effort is not consistent with a sham/fraud relationship; ie: A man being paid for marriage isn't going to blow all the money going to china.... A woman wanting only a GC is not going to want the man in china alot of the time. Just my opinion.

Realize that DCFs passing rate is 100% this year; I don't note one person even needing overcome. (once I saw this same basic thing in the previous year studying the interviews/timelines, I changed my approach to my process... so it's never too late to add up the brownie points in my opinion... actually, at the interview, it's basically too late)

I'm not sure what your RFE would be for? If you sent in the proper paperwork and it's filled out properly... there's no need for further explanations about past relationships.

DHS just wants to approve your petition, not past relationships; GUZ might examine past issues/relationships.

I guess I'm concerned that my past relationship might raise a flag. I'm confident I did fill the papers out correctly which affirmed I had a prior petition approved. Plus I spoke of the past relationship briefly when explaining my current marriage in a letter.

I guess I will make all of this information available to my wife. she is quite aware of everything, so, nothing will be a surprise to her.

After looking at the link I think there may be a red flag in the future for me

1. A very brief courtship followed by a plunge into matrimony;

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary¡¯s country and they meet for the first time;

I have known my fiancee for about a year and will see her for the first time in person(web cam everyday) in Nov and we will marry. am I headed for trouble, my divorce was 16 yrs ago and hers was finalized 3/06 after starting it over 2 yrs ago.

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary¡¯s country and they meet for the first time;

I have known my fiancee for about a year and will see her for the first time in person(web cam everyday) in Nov and we will marry. am I headed for trouble, my divorce was 16 yrs ago and hers was finalized 3/06 after starting it over 2 yrs ago.

The red flag I see in your case is that your started up your relationship with your SO while she was still married. If I were you, I would be prepared with proof of her former spouse's whereabouts, if possible. An online courtship of nearly a year is far longer than mine and many others. Have and prove a bonafide relationship and you have it made, IMO.

I was reading some posts and read Ellis-island, posts about denials and such.... I just realized that while preparing my I-130, while I did mention my past relationship(k1/marriage), briefly... I feel I should have expanded upon it and explained it more thourghly. I'm afraid by not doing so, I have opened the door for an RFE and an undesired delay. I'm thinking , that maybe I was thinking they had my file from before so they would know of it. I did give the information on my G325a AND i-130, where it was requested. I also gave the divorce decree.

I'm thinking at this point, having just received the noa1 one month ago, it would be useless and pointless to provide this information now.

Boy, was I a dunce :lol:

any thoughts on this? , besides I'm dunce

I don't think there's any need to elaborate. It sounds like you did okay.

Just keep your fingers crossed!......

-good luck

The red flag I see in your case is that your started up your relationship with your SO while she was still married. If I were you, I would be prepared with proof of her former spouse's whereabouts, if possible. An online courtship of nearly a year is far longer than mine and many others. Have and prove a bonafide relationship and you have it made, IMO.

That was the problem, ex could not be found by inept lawyer after SO filed for divorce and she had to wait for new lawyer to get it done. Initially ex would not sign and then never repsonded to whereabouts.

as for proof of bonafide relationship.

1. copy of monthly phone bills with SO calls

2. cards and gifts we have exchanged with packages/envelopes for addresses

3. web cam pics (Prt SC) with date and times, at least one for every month

4. Also web cam pics with SO talking to my son

5. at last count, 54 emails.

6. my ex said she would supply any info needed.

I have already met family on webcam and will get PrtSc pic also soon, wedding pics, and if needed a video since she has sony handi cam.

also, she leaves UAE Sun to move home to Tinjian with UAE POLICE CERTIFICATE.