Green card received and CNA job

Yesterday in the mail was a welcome letter from the California Service Center saying Liwen's application was approved. It said the green card would arrive within 3 weeks. But in the same stack of mail was another letter with the green card enclosed. Talk about fast service!
Our case was transferred from the Portland office to the Laguna Niguel, California Service Center a few months ago. We needed to get her vaccinations up to date and mailed them off to arrive at the service center on Sept 1st. The only little problems we had was with the nurse at the Civil Surgeon's office who would not believe all we needed was for the surgeon to sign the supplement since I had our family doctor already do the shots (covered by insurance this way). But I was firm and the doctor looked at the request form and said I was right -- and he signed and sealed the documents.
Liwen did the Certified Nursing Assistant program shortly after she arrived and easily found a job at a local rehabilitation center here. Her long term goal is to improve her English more and then start the RN program. But for now she works day shift three or four days a week. So it is working out well.

It is great to have this hurdle out of the way without an interview.
:cheering: