Fowarding I-129F petition to China

I got a letter in the mail today to let me know that my I-129f will be sent to China in a week. Does this mean the name check and all has been done already? Also, it says my wife will recieve a K3 packet and instructions on how to apply at the post. What will be in that, I usually fill out a sample form and fax or mail to her so she has something to go by. When it mentioned apply at the post, does she have to go to GZ and apply for something before interview?(i know interview is a LONG time away :lol: )

I got a letter in the mail today to let me know that my I-129f will be sent to China in a week. Does this mean the name check and all has been done already? Also, it says my wife will recieve a K3 packet and instructions on how to apply at the post. What will be in that, I usually fill out a sample form and fax or mail to her so she has something to go by. When it mentioned apply at the post, does she have to go to GZ and apply for something before interview?(i know interview is a LONG time away :lol: )

Whoa, was looking at I-134, can you have joint sponsor on that? If not I reckon I outta just cancel my K-3. I am doubtful I meet the minimum by myself.

It wants the amount deposited in your bank account in the last year, heck I was paying off bills and didn't deposit anything. This time one year ago I was in China. I came back and it took 5 months of searching to find a job, then that fell through. I've got another job now, but barely 2k in my checking. I own one vehicle some furniture and that's about it.

That form seems alot different from I-864, it doesn't seem to allow me to use my parents for support at all.

Whoa, was looking at I-134, can you have joint sponsor on that? If not I reckon I outta just cancel my K-3. I am doubtful I meet the minimum by myself.

It wants the amount deposited in your bank account in the last year, heck I was paying off bills and didn't deposit anything. This time one year ago I was in China. I came back and it took 5 months of searching to find a job, then that fell through. I've got another job now, but barely 2k in my checking. I own one vehicle some furniture and that's about it.

That form seems alot different from I-864, it doesn't seem to allow me to use my parents for support at all.

The I-134 isn't really needed for the K3 interview but it's nice to have one.

That's written somewhere. (Federal Register?)

I think in most K3 cases I've seen here, they were never asked. But there's been some who were.

They didn't ask my wife for one. She was K3

It's a chance you can take. Like I said, it's written that an I-134 isn't required. But who knows how those people think. I guess they already know alot about both parties by the time the interview comes.

If it's asked for, then give it to them, one way or the other. Afterall, by your timeline, it's really the CR1 you're going for. Right?

The K3 is just a reprieve.

-good luck

The I-134 isn't really needed for the K3 interview but it's nice to have one.

That's written somewhere. (Federal Register?)

I think in most K3 cases I've seen here, they were never asked. But there's been some who were.

They didn't ask my wife for one. She was K3

It's a chance you can take. Like I said, it's written that an I-134 isn't required. But who knows how those people think. I guess they already know alot about both parties by the time the interview comes.

If it's asked for, then give it to them, one way or the other. Afterall, by your timeline, it's really the CR1 you're going for. Right?

The K3 is just a reprieve.

-good luck

FIRST, K3 visa applicants must satisfy the pubic charge concern. An I-134 is one option for doing that. It is not the required option. The "need" to satisfy the VO? that the applicant will not become a public charge is still very real. Yes, it is possible the K3 applicant may not be asked for any financial documentation at interview. Mine was.

SECOND, multiple sponsors ARE allowed.

THIRD, the I-134 does NOT ask for the amount you deposited in your bank account last year. It asks for your current annual income. If that annualized amount meets the minimum requirement, you can leave all other information about "assets" blank. They are just optional ways to qualify if needed. For example, if your current salary is $2,000 per month, even if you've only worked one month, you can put current income of $24,000.

I would then also supply a couple recent pay stubs and a letter from your employer indicating your start date, salary, position and (if possible) that your job is considered full time and permanent.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

[

Afterall, by your timeline, it's really the CR1 you're going for. Right?

God no, I actually wanted the K3, but that IMBRA BS put a 6 month delay on the K3. My timeline is screwed up like alot of people by that.

If I want to use multiple sponsors for I-134, is there a different form I'd use, like the I-864a and I-864, or would I just use a I-134 for each sponsor.

[

God no, I actually wanted the K3, but that IMBRA BS put a 6 month delay on the K3. My timeline is screwed up like alot of people by that.

If I want to use multiple sponsors for I-134, is there a different form I'd use, like the I-864a and I-864, or would I just use a I-134 for each sponsor.

The I-864 won't come into play until you file AOS after your wife is here on the K3.

To play it safe, just fill out an I-134 for each of your sponsers for your wife to take to the interview. That should do the trick.

That's about all you can do, really, and see how things go at the interview. If your wife gets a blue slip, then just clear it up as quickly and efficiently as you can.

And maybe she won't get one anyways! Chances are that she won't. We need to think positve, but on the other hand, always expect the unexpected.

[

Don't discount the CR1 at this point.. it stands a good chance of getting to post by the time of a K3 interview.. the only issue that this will create is the need for a I-864 (for a CR1)...