P4 delivered!!!!

During the wait for the NOA2 and after having written a letter to the USCIS, I received a status report from the USCIS stating that additional processing had to be done on my case and that I could expect up to a six month delay. They were not specific about the additional processing needed on my case! I thought and still think it's because I had been married four times prior. ???

That may or may not bode well with GUZ... I'd prepare my SO for some extra questions if I were you... and then some...

I had been married three times, but no questions were asked anywhere (except by Jiaying). It seems like it's best to NOT get her overly concerned with this issue. Any questions for the petitioner are likely to be simply blue-slipped, with no questions asked at the interview (as for Michael & Manyun).

During the wait for the NOA2 and after having written a letter to the USCIS, I received a status report from the USCIS stating that additional processing had to be done on my case and that I could expect up to a six month delay. They were not specific about the additional processing needed on my case! I thought and still think it's because I had been married four times prior. ???

That may or may not bode well with GUZ... I'd prepare my SO for some extra questions if I were you... and then some...

Yes, and as unpleasant as it may sound, you might want to be absolutely sure of everything of relevance in your SO's past. There is no way to be sure yours was the only reason for the ALL THREE delays or even any of them. Many times the later issues pertain to the Chinese SO. Look closely at any divorce dates and whether any former Chinese spouse or your SO has a very common name. Do the best you can to be sure you are prepared for any humanly identifiable red flag.

Remember, one recent significant problem was as simple as the USC's first visit was prior to the Chinese SO's divorce being final. The USC didn't actually KNOW that was the case, even though the official paperwork indicated that it was.

My SO had been divorced for about five years prior to me visiting her the first time, so that should be alright. My visit beginning September 29 will help to sort out and prepare her for the interview. I stand advised by you that it took over 11 months between NOA1 and NOA2. I'm going to really search out and help her to be ready. Thanks!

I had been married three times, but no questions were asked anywhere (except by Jiaying). It seems like it's best to NOT get her overly concerned with this issue. Any questions for the petitioner are likely to be simply blue-slipped, with no questions asked at the interview (as for Michael & Manyun).

Yes, I would not get her overly concerned.. just that she knows enough information about the previous marriages... Previous marriages show a statistical likelihood of additional questions in that direction.. but some might not get any, like in your case..