P4 sent out on 8/11/06

A few days prior to learing that my SO has an interview date of October 11, 2006, I emailed the consulate in Guangzhou. I asked them if they had opened my notarized letter that they received on August 16, 2006 and when my SO might get her P4. I kindly asked them to expedite our case too!

Today I get an email from the consulate stating the interview date (same as DOS given) and that the P4 was sent out on 8/11/06. Today is 9-13-06. Huh? I thought it only took 7-10 days in the China Post from Guangzhou to Nanning! Help???

Mr Bill :mobrun:

A few days prior to learing that my SO has an interview date of October 11, 2006, I emailed the consulate in Guangzhou. I asked them if they had opened my notarized letter that they received on August 16, 2006 and when my SO might get her P4. I kindly asked them to expedite our case too!

Today I get an email from the consulate stating the interview date (same as DOS given) and that the P4 was sent out on 8/11/06. Today is 9-13-06. Huh? I thought it only took 7-10 days in the China Post from Guangzhou to Nanning! Help???

Mr Bill :D

in my way of thinking , your SO should have already recieved her P-4 , i think you should have her to call them and either have then to resend or see if they can locate it, this mail is so very important, my SO gite hers in about a week,mail should not be that slow, you may want to wait for another reply from one if the more advance member

Mr Bill :)

in my way of thinking , your SO should have already recieved her P-4 , i think you should have her to call them and either have then to resend or see if they can locate it, this mail is so very important, my SO gite hers in about a week,mail should not be that slow, you may want to wait for another reply from one if the more advance member

see Randy know :D told you

Mr Bill :P

Does your SO have a previous address? If so, it might have gone there. Mine did.

Mr Bill ;)

Does your SO have a previous address? If so, it might have gone there. Mine did.

My SO's address has remained the same throughout this total process! I'm thinking that the email I got from Guangzhou may have listed the P4 being sent out incorrectly, reason being, that I've been calling the DOS 3 times per week since and before the 8-11-06 date. The DOS would have given me the interview date if it had been set before or near 8-11-06. I'm going to wait until 7-10 days from when the DOS told me the interview is. That's by 9-20-06 and if the P4 has not arrived, then I'll contact the consulate.

My SO's address has remained the same throughout this total process! I'm thinking that the email I got from Guangzhou may have listed the P4 being sent out incorrectly, reason being, that I've been calling the DOS 3 times per week since and before the 8-11-06 date. The DOS would have given me the interview date if it had been set before or near 8-11-06. I'm going to wait until 7-10 days from when the DOS told me the interview is. That's by 9-20-06 and if the P4 has not arrived, then I'll contact the consulate.

Check other timelines for P4 dates in early August - for example, Michael and Manyun's P4 date of 8/3, and interview date of 9/14. The October dates were not scheduled until about August 20, if they still follow their past patterns.

So you're probably correct, but remember that Oct 11 is coming up pretty quick.

Mr Bill :angry:

You're going to need the P4 farther in advance than that. I would contact them now and ask that another P4 be sent. Include the correct address in your faxed request. It's already Friday in China so it will be the 18th before they even see your fax.