I just got notice that my 129f/k-1 case has been approved At the CSC. could someone please explain what this means and what happens from here???

I just need to make sure i keep my SO informed correctly.

I have noticed to that the is no mention on the medical exam in anyones time lines??.

Thank to all

Todd nervious longtailed cat in a rocking chair factory

Edited by tcrocks38 (see edit history)

Congrats! Buckle up, Cowboy, and get ready. Start now and get 3 separate files of everything. Keep records of all paperwork and correspondence. You want to be sure that the government has no reason to deny. Preparation is the key. Best of luck. George

Congrats! Buckle up, Cowboy, and get ready. Start now and get 3 separate files of everything. Keep records of all paperwork and correspondence. You want to be sure that the government has no reason to deny. Preparation is the key. Best of luck. George

------------

I thought all my stuff was done, I have shown proof of a relationship etc.. I am now confused

Edited by tcrocks38 (see edit history)

------------

I thought all my stuff was done, I have shown proof of a relationship etc.. I am now confused

You've qualified your relationship to the USCIS by providing letters of intent an proof you met in person. You now need to provide supporting evidence of an ongoing valid relationship to the Visa Officer when your SO is interviewed in Guangzhou. From this point forward you are dealing with DOS (State Dept.) not USCIS.

Search on "relationship proof".

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

------------

Up to now you have proved you met and possibly provided some proof of relationship. At the interview they will want to see proof of continued relationship, over the next 6-12 months or so, it all depends on if Santa likes you more than other or gives you a piece of coal because you were bad. :toot: :toot:

Then after she arrives you will build more proof of relationship for the AOS interview and removal of conditional status interview assuming you are going for a K-1 visa. Each step of the process is looking for a different type of evidence, but you can worry about that as you enter those phases. Really it's easy as it's every day stuff.

The proof of relationship you need to focus on now is something you are probably doing anyway, like emails and phone calls. You need to use a phone service or phone card that will provide you with a printable record of calls. I personally like DynaSky.com.

------------

Up to now you have proved you met and possibly provided some proof of relationship. At the interview they will want to see proof of continued relationship, over the next 6-12 months or so, it all depends on if Santa likes you more than other or gives you a piece of coal because you were bad. :diespam: B)

Then after she arrives you will build more proof of relationship for the AOS interview and removal of conditional status interview assuming you are going for a K-1 visa. Each step of the process is looking for a different type of evidence, but you can worry about that as you enter those phases. Really it's easy as it's every day stuff.

The proof of relationship you need to focus on now is something you are probably doing anyway, like emails and phone calls. You need to use a phone service or phone card that will provide you with a printable record of calls. I personally like DynaSky.com.

If i am planning on be with her at the interview can i just bring all info with me??

And i also need to know when she needs to pay for the visa before or after her medical exam?

Check out the FAQs.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

In the VISA FAQ, there's a section on "fees throughout the process".. just start with where you are now in the process and go forward.

See the P3, P4, and Interview FAQs for the next steps coming up over the next several months...

You can bring whatever evidence you want to china.. just realize you will not be physically present at the interview, only she will...

Check out the FAQs.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

In the VISA FAQ, there's a section on "fees throughout the process".. just start with where you are now in the process and go forward.

See the P3, P4, and Interview FAQs for the next steps coming up over the next several months...

You can bring whatever evidence you want to china.. just realize you will not be physically present at the interview, only she will...

David is correct. Also, you need to make sure you SO is fully prepared to handle anything that is thrown at her. You read the fAQs and be prepared and yo will do fine.

-----------------------------

Thank you

I have a question, I am confused on question 2 on the what to send after approval

What kind of doc are they refering to??

What question 2 are you referring to?

------------------

If you go to the web site on the page with my question and scroll down there is a section that says what to send SO after I-129f is approved question 2 says send all originals of documentry proof that i submittedfor the 1-129f

I need to know in further detail what that means

You folks are so kind thank you for all your help

-----------------------------

Thank you

I have a question, I am confused on question 2 on the what to send after approval

What kind of doc are they refering to??

What question 2 are you referring to?

------------------

If you go to the web site on the page with my question and scroll down there is a section that says what to send SO after I-129f is approved question 2 says send all originals of documentry proof that i submittedfor the 1-129f

In our case, she had originals in her possession already but we were K3. Our marriage certificate proves we met in person. This refers to Notarial translations of Chinese official documents and whatever you used to prove you are a US Citizen. It would also include original documents proving your traveled to China and met in person during the appropriate time frame. Also send her a complete copy of what you submitted in your I-129F package.

If you will travel to China again before or for her interview, then substitute the word "take" for "send" above.

That website assumes your visa process will take a few months and will likely not face a delay; not the 8-16 months that is more realistic for china...

You should wait closer to the P3 and get past the common delay sections. If you were to get some of the documents too early (ie: notarial translations, employer letter), and then you faced a delay, they could expire and require new ones.

That website assumes your visa process will take a few months and will likely not face a delay; not the 8-16 months that is more realistic for china...

You should wait closer to the P3 and get past the common delay sections. If you were to get some of the documents too early (ie: notarial translations, employer letter), and then you faced a delay, they could expire and require new ones.

----------------------------------------

Wow !!!! 8-16 months i have filed this thing in may of 2006 wow what a wait.

I should wait to send the I-134 as well ??