Guangzhou Consulate, NVC & DOS

P3 returned and entered in computer at Guangzhou 5-19-06. Rongjiao and I are still waiting for our P4! I sent a notarized letter directly to Guanzhou removing her son from the case as he won't be able to come until he reaches 16 years of age. Guangzhou, by US mail tracking received my letter on 8-16-06.

Upon calling DOS three times per week, they tell me that Rongjiao's son is still on the case and that Guz is waiting for paperwork for him. It seems the consulate may have received my letter, but have not yet opened it!

The DOS suggested that I call NVC. NVC told me to contact Guangzhou directly. I called Guangzhou and they told me that they are working on background checks to date (9-7-06). It's odd to me that DOS often has been telling me that our case is clear and that there is nothing in the way stopping or blocking the P4 from being sent!

Our case NOA1 date is 2-15-06. It's been a long time! Upon calling Guangzhou consulate 9-7-06, they said I could fax the question as to whether or not they have received my notarized letter. I'm almost afraid to do that, it's all the more they may be confused.

Any comments or suggestions please?

Mr Bill

Leters will languish at the White Swan hotel (where the mail is received) until they decide to get around to reading them ("It takes time to sort and processed each letter", was what they told me, after about 3 inquiries). Email and fax will get a much quicker repsonse, IF they indeed respond.

Your son's name will remain on the case until one year after the date the visa is awarded. If he will not be coming to the US, then he simply does not need to show up at the interview. It is an option that you will have available until that time.

Guest pushbrk

P3 returned and entered in computer at Guangzhou 5-19-06. Rongjiao and I are still waiting for our P4! I sent a notarized letter directly to Guanzhou removing her son from the case as he won't be able to come until he reaches 16 years of age. Guangzhou, by US mail tracking received my letter on 8-16-06.

Upon calling DOS three times per week, they tell me that Rongjiao's son is still on the case and that Guz is waiting for paperwork for him. It seems the consulate may have received my letter, but have not yet opened it!

The DOS suggested that I call NVC. NVC told me to contact Guangzhou directly. I called Guangzhou and they told me that they are working on background checks to date (9-7-06). It's odd to me that DOS often has been telling me that our case is clear and that there is nothing in the way stopping or blocking the P4 from being sent!

Our case NOA1 date is 2-15-06. It's been a long time! Upon calling Guangzhou consulate 9-7-06, they said I could fax the question as to whether or not they have received my notarized letter. I'm almost afraid to do that, it's all the more they may be confused.

Mr Bill

When you say you called Guangzhou directly, do you mean you called the pay number where you get unreliable information at best or was there some way you actually talked to somebody at the Consulate on the phone.

Mr Bill

When you say you called Guangzhou directly, do you mean you called the pay number where you get unreliable information at best or was there some way you actually talked to somebody at the Consulate on the phone.

I called using the $6.50 for 12 minutes. Yes! Very unreliable and varied information is given when uselessly calling this way! Thank you!