writing messages in chinese on internet

Hello, hello,

New computer, new house, new internet provider, and still not moved in all the way and unpacked. So that's where I have been.

Does anyone know how to set up the computer to type chinese characters?

My SO wants to use the 001 and type chinese. I added the east asian languages to my computer, switching the keyboard setting on the language bar doesn't work. I also added chinese to the languages on the IE browser (in Internet Options, languages).

Now I am stuck again.

Thanks,

Rick

ÄãºÃ - there are several different input methods (IME). If she is happy wit pinyin, that may be selected from the language bar (select Microsoft Pinyin IME). Then enter the pinyin. A list of Chinese characters for that Pinyin code will be presented for her to select from. A handwriting recognition interface is provided, if you install the Japanese IME and/or buy a Chinese input pack from Twin Bridge or Ruier or other.

There are also codes that professional typists use, but I'm not familiar with those.

Thanks guys.

My wife figured it out on her own, reading the chinese internet.

I came home and my whole computer was in chinese!

Took me a little while to figure it out.

For some reason the language bar is now working and she can write chinese when she needs to without making the input language for the computer chinese and the region china.