form I130 question

I am filling out this form for step daughter for practice to hopefully prevent any mistakes. Anyways, in section c "info about alien relative" #17 it says to list husband/wife and all children of your relative. what names do I put there? on the form for wife I listed wife name and daughter name, just not sure about form for daughter who is 13yrs old.

thanks for responses.

also, c'mon New Yorkers (if any) we must keep up with those Texans passed interviews!

Guest pushbrk

I am filling out this form for step daughter for practice to hopefully prevent any mistakes. Anyways, in section c "info about alien relative" #17 it says to list husband/wife and all children of your relative. what names do I put there? on the form for wife I listed wife name and daughter name, just not sure about form for daughter who is 13yrs old.

thanks for responses.

also, c'mon New Yorkers (if any) we must keep up with those Texans passed interviews!

Assuming your step-daughter is childless and single you write "none".

For you wife, you list yourself as husband and any and all of your wife's children.

thanks for responses.

For you wife, you list yourself as husband and any and all of your wife's children.

The daughter is only 13 years old. I would think she is just a child!

I went back and looked at my stepdaughter's I-130. She was only 13 at the time, too.

For #17 of the I-130 I'd seen that I put N/A. It went through with no problems.

There's no set rules on how to fill the form out other than the intructions accompanying it. There is some leeway involved. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Assumptions and dictations are not appealing.

To the OP: After inquiring about information, use whatever makes sense and is reasonable to you when filling these forms out.

-good luck

Guest pushbrk

thanks for responses.

I went back and looked at my stepdaughter's I-130. She was only 13 at the time, too.

There's no set rules on how to fill the form out other than the intructions accompanying it. There is some leeway involved. That's the point I'm trying to make.

To the OP: After inquiring about information, use whatever makes sense and is reasonable to you when filling these forms out.

-good luck

Yes, this is a place where "none" and "N/A" are certainly interchageable.

thanks for responses.

-good luck

thanks,

do you know which and how many forms step-daughter will need to fill out in this process?

What I sent was:

1. I-130 Fee

2. I-130 petition

3. Copy of Petitioner's US passport Id page and birth certificate

4. Copy of daughter's Chinese passport ID page.

5. Copy of K4 visa

6. Copy of daughter's birth certificate with english translation

7. A copy of marriage certificate with english translation

- and copies of any divorce certificates from you and your wife if any.

That's pretty much my cover letter for my stepdaughter's I-130.

After I-130 approval you can file the I-485 for her which also involves the I-864 and G-325A.

I apologize for not knowing your timeline, but I thought you had decided to go CR-1 for your wife and not file for the K-3. If so, have you already filed the I-130 for your wife? The reason I ask this question is that filing the I-130 now for your step daughter may result in CR interviews in Guangzhou at different times. I've seen situations where the CR-1 for the spouse gets issued for the spouse but the child's interview is scheduled for a later date.

If you decided to file for the K-3/4 for both, they will be interviewed at the consulate for the K visas at the same time, and it's only necessary to have filed the I-130 for your step daughter at some time prior to or with the filing of the I-485 adjustment of status application.

I apologize for not knowing your timeline, but I thought you had decided to go CR-1 for your wife and not file for the K-3. If so, have you already filed the I-130 for your wife? The reason I ask this question is that filing the I-130 now for your step daughter may result in CR interviews in Guangzhou at different times. I've seen situations where the CR-1 for the spouse gets issued for the spouse but the child's interview is scheduled for a later date.

If you decided to file for the K-3/4 for both, they will be interviewed at the consulate for the K visas at the same time, and it's only necessary to have filed the I-130 for your step daughter at some time prior to or with the filing of the I-485 adjustment of status application.

As I said in my original post: I am filling out this form for step daughter for practice to hopefully prevent any mistakes. I will fill them both out at same time come november. I am a little worried about her getting all these future documents to fill out/sign at her boarding school where her address will not be the same as her home/mom's address.

As I said in my original post: I am filling out this form for step daughter for practice to hopefully prevent any mistakes. I will fill them both out at same time come november. I am a little worried about her getting all these future documents to fill out/sign at her boarding school where her address will not be the same as her home/mom's address.

Thanks for clarifying this. I wouldn't be too worried about the address. I'd probably show mom's address. Beside, you'll be able to control who gets the information/documents through the "appointment of agent" paperwork.

Guest pushbrk

If you plan ahead AND use these shortcuts, you can avoid almost if not all form "filling out" by both your wife and step-daughter for CR1/2. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Get multiple copies of the forms "signed" when you are in China then you can do all the filling out. I would also use your wife's address for your step-daughter. If anything then needs to be forwarded to her, your wife can do it. This should take care of everthing but the P4 documents. If you will will be there for the interview, then you can fill those out too.

Looks like I jumped the gun on this one, Frank.

I was thinking about the I-130 the way I filed it for my stepdaughter. Shame on me! :P

If the OP is seeking the immigrant visas then file both I-130's at the same time. Even though reading posts by members going the same path, I'm not sure how it went for them, that is CR-1/2. As Frank says, there has been some members reporting not filing for the child the same time as for the spouse. I think that can cause a problem in seeking the IV's.

Anyways, the K3/4 visa is an option for you. The good thing about that is, depending on the child's age, you don't have to file the I-130 for the child until later, when they both come to the US on the K3/4 which is a 2 year multi-entry visa giving you ample time.

You have several options in getting them here and they all take about the same time, around 10 to 12 months or even longer but not any shorter.

-good luck

If you plan ahead AND use these shortcuts, you can avoid almost if not all form "filling out" by both your wife and step-daughter for CR1/2. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Get multiple copies of the forms "signed" when you are in China then you can do all the filling out. I would also use your wife's address for your step-daughter. If anything then needs to be forwarded to her, your wife can do it. This should take care of everthing but the P4 documents. If you will will be there for the interview, then you can fill those out too.

We are definitley going CR1/2. what forms should I bring besides 130, g325a and is it ok to bring through customs in china? never been there yet but will be in Nov and for interview.

We are definitley going CR1/2. what forms should I bring besides 130, g325a and is it ok to bring through customs in china? never been there yet but will be in Nov and for interview.

The forms are listed at the link I gave you. Take as many copies with you as you choose. Get them all signed.