Divorced K-1 Fiancee

me and my SO is filling out the DS-156,on Question#18 we both have a different opion on how to reply this question , i say put (none) she say to put her x-spouse, do anyone know the true way to do this , while sober, ? :roller: :unsure:

None. You would only put something there if you were married. Since you are K-1 you better not be lol.

Here is a link to a sample form filled in.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

me and my SO is filling out the DS-156,on Question#18 we both have a different opion on how to reply this question , i say put (none) she say to put her x-spouse, do anyone know the true way to do this , while sober, ? :lol: :jerry:

None. You would only put something there if you were married. Since you are K-1 you better not be lol.

sorry, i read this post, i see the question#8:spouse's full name(even if divorced or separated,include maiden name). how to understand it? i put my ex-husband's name, am i wrong?

Guest pushbrk

me and my SO is filling out the DS-156,on Question#18 we both have a different opion on how to reply this question , i say put (none) she say to put her x-spouse, do anyone know the true way to do this , while sober, ? :lol: :jerry:

sorry, i read this post, i see the question#8:spouse's full name(even if divorced or separated,include maiden name). how to understand it? i put my ex-husband's name, am i wrong?

K1 beneficiaries do not have spouses. They may have ex-spouses. The question is a bit misleading though. The Consulate has been informed of any former spouses on the petition and G325A.

Question # 8 refers to other names you use. If you were an actress for example and used a stage name. If you still used your maiden name along with your married name. Or if you used an alias for any reason. If you only use your sur name and given name you would put none.

me and my SO is filling out the DS-156,on Question#18 we both have a different opion on how to reply this question , i say put (none) she say to put her x-spouse, do anyone know the true way to do this , while sober, ? :lol: :blink:

Question # 8 refers to other names you use. If you were an actress for example and used a stage name. If you still used your maiden name along with your married name. Or if you used an alias for any reason. If you only use your sur name and given name you would put none.

me and my SO is filling out the DS-156,on Question#18 we both have a different opion on how to reply this question , i say put (none) she say to put her x-spouse, do anyone know the true way to do this , while sober, ? :) <_<

I thank everyone that helped on this one , it is the kind of question that really confuse many people , there is many example forms for people who never married before , but divorced K-1 , people have to think fast and ask many questions, thanks again

me and my SO is filling out the DS-156,on Question#18 we both have a different opion on how to reply this question , i say put (none) she say to put her x-spouse, do anyone know the true way to do this , while sober, ? :P ;)

I thank everyone that helped on this one , it is the kind of question that really confuse many people , there is many example forms for people who never married before , but divorced K-1 , people have to think fast and ask many questions, thanks again

I hope maybe someone can tell me if they read this if the Question #18 on the 156 and the Question#4 on the 156K , should be answered the same , to me they both seem like the same Question just wrote diffrent

Edited by sweattrl1 (see edit history)

K1 beneficiaries do not have spouses. They may have ex-spouses. The question is a bit misleading though. The Consulate has been informed of any former spouses on the petition and G325A.

Mike I think this is a good question. I went with the instructions to the letter which said "even if divorced" and I put my SO's ex-husband's name. One of the questions at my SO's interview was "does your ex husband live in the USA?" I have wondered if this is why he asked that question.

Mike I think this is a good question. I went with the instructions to the letter which said "even if divorced" and I put my SO's ex-husband's name. One of the questions at my SO's interview was "does your ex husband live in the USA?" I have wondered if this is why he asked that question.

i think they try every thing in the book to make this process so hard , i think maybe these are trick Questions , or maybe over sights, which ever it have confused many ,this i know for sure , like many on this site , i served my country , now all i ask , is that they allow the woman i love to come to the USA :) , no more no less,

Edited by sweattrl1 (see edit history)

i think they try every thing in the book to make this process so hard , i think maybe these are trick Questions , or maybe over sights, which ever it have confused many ,this i know for sure , like many on this site , i served my country , now all i ask , is that they allow the woman i love to come to the USA :) , no more no less,

I agree with you totally.........You need to be sure that your SO is capable of taking anything that they throw at her............this is veryyyyyyyyyyyyy important!!!!!!!!!!