Engagement ring receipt for evidence

My thought is that it is best not to provide anything that could raise additional questions or concerns by a VO, such as proving WHO paid for the ring and if the REAL RING was in fact the ring the receipt showed.

One case that comes to mind was a letter from a USC stating he could not attend the interview because he didn't have enough vacation time left at work. Sure enough a blue slip was issued and the VO requested a notarized document from his employee validating his statement concerning vacation time. Not that it really had anything to do with the interview, but the statement was made and he was justified in asking for proof.

Many times it's best not to get too creative in this process.

The Request For Evidence I received in February stated that they only consider at the USCIS 129f stage three kinds of evidence:

primary evidence- copies of passport exit/entry stamps to prove you were in china (or military orders if applicable)

seconday evidence- intineraries and boarding passes ( this evidence is only used to reinforce the primary evidence)

tertiary evidence- atm transactions, credit card statements.etc... all from within China.

Excellent post and info. :lol:

Strange that there is no mention of pictures. :blink:

The Request For Evidence I received in February stated that they only consider at the USCIS 129f stage three kinds of evidence:

primary evidence- copies of passport exit/entry stamps to prove you were in china (or military orders if applicable)

seconday evidence- intineraries and boarding passes ( this evidence is only used to reinforce the primary evidence)

tertiary evidence- atm transactions, credit card statements.etc... all from within China.

Excellent post and info. :)

Strange that there is no mention of pictures. :lol:

The organization of this as "primary, secondary and tertiary" is very novel...

I take the photos as part of tertiary's "etc".. but should probably be mentioned explicitly in an FAQ :blink:

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Excellent post and info. :)

We provided some scanned photos to support our proof of relationship, including background info that support the date. Don't know if it made a difference.

Strange that there is no mention of pictures. <_<