I was finally able to get through to DOS today. This is something I do at least 3 or 4 times a day. I am positive that one of these days, they will give me good news.

So today when I called, the nice lady told me that our case is pending security check as of September 1, 2006. :lol: What? How can it be as of Sept 06'? Because as some of you know, our case has been pending the security check since Jan 2005. I asked DOS if this is good news or bad. DOS told me in her opinion this is good news. It means that they have thrown out the old, and have begun a new check. She was speculating that maybe the other case was lost or that the continual request of inquires into our case by myself and everyone else maybe have finally caused some attention. It's all speculation at this point. But it does seem odd that this sudden change of the pending date.

Anyone else hear of this before?

I was finally able to get through to DOS today. This is something I do at least 3 or 4 times a day. I am positive that one of these days, they will give me good news.

So today when I called, the nice lady told me that our case is pending security check as of September 1, 2006. :lol: What? How can it be as of Sept 06'? Because as some of you know, our case has been pending the security check since Jan 2005. I asked DOS if this is good news or bad. DOS told me in her opinion this is good news. It means that they have thrown out the old, and have begun a new check. She was speculating that maybe the other case was lost or that the continual request of inquires into our case by myself and everyone else maybe have finally caused some attention. It's all speculation at this point. But it does seem odd that this sudden change of the pending date.

Hoping for the best and soon!

Haven't heard of that before but it wouldn't surprize me if they did a security check ON their security check!

It does sound like they gave up on the old one and started over. It is probably good news. At least something happened as opposed to letting you sit there for another year.

I'm still amazed that our govt can call it a security check. Dum Dum #1 "Gee, we better check this name to see if it comes up as a threat to society". Dum Dum #2 "Put it in the box over here and I might get to it in the next several months." :crazy:

Haven't heard of that before but it wouldn't surprize me if they did a security check ON their security check!

It does sound like they gave up on the old one and started over. It is probably good news. At least something happened as opposed to letting you sit there for another year.

I'm still amazed that our govt can call it a security check. Dum Dum #1 "Gee, we better check this name to see if it comes up as a threat to society". Dum Dum #2 "Put it in the box over here and I might get to it in the next several months." :lol:

:crazy: That is great! "wouldn't surprize me if they did a security check ON their security check"!