A copy of Birth certificate or US passport?

We're confusing two issues.. the OP asked about the I-129F petition filing.. many comments are talking of "denials" and the interview... You won't get a denial by the consulate for something in regards to the petition; USCIS adjudicates petitions... If sometime is missing with thet petition, you get an RFE. Let's not add too much drama to the copying of a passport for the petition...

Ask businesses that do visa services or lawyers.. you'll find that some requests on the form instructions are not truly necessary; just not up to date. My three lucky strikes are based on that type of research, not simply giving "here's what I did" advice.

The best practice is always to follow the instructions. But you will find that real experience reveals more than one way to be meet approval and that shortcuts are even used by some.

Make your own decision based on some research.. you find more than one way to be successful in this process.

Sorry, but I don't see it as confusing two issues. It is all about the same process, just different steps. Those that have answered, talking about denials and interview follow the mindset that one step affects the other. I agree with this approach. What is being suggested is that if you place only the minimum with I-129F your relationship is more apt be questioned and blue slip given.

I have had a few friends who only placed the minimum with the I-129F get blue slipped. I also have a few friends who did like I did and placed more with the 129F. They got approved first time. Just trying to help, not confuse the issue.

I appreciate that argument and think it's an interesting one.. one that I've tried to watch closely for almost two years... but I think it's for another thread..

The OP is simply asking about whether to use the passport or BC for the I-129F... I don't see the inclusion of one of these over the other to impact or affect denials.. if we suddenly move on to discussions about the I-129F petition as a whole (what to include or not; petition approvals done by DHS and consulate denials), then we're leaving the original question/issue... That's all I'm really trying to say.

Don't mean to ruffle anyones feathers so please take these next comments lightly, but I don't see straying slightly as a bad thing. The whole point of CFL is to help each other. If all we want are black and white answers always on track, then all you need is an FAQ section and to heck with everything else. I answered supply both, and also provided why. So maybe I did stray from the question a little, maybe not. But what happens in this senario if it causes the petitioner to think about something he did not think about before? Wow, maybe he could get a little more help he didn't even know he needed. I could see if we started talking way off track about Goats and Sheep, or what do you do after you get to America. But I thought everyone and their comments were on-track.

I appreciate that argument and think it's an interesting one.. one that I've tried to watch closely for almost two years... but I think it's for another thread..

The OP is simply asking about whether to use the passport or BC for the I-129F... I don't see the inclusion of one of these over the other to impact or affect denials.. if we suddenly move on to discussions about the I-129F petition as a whole (what to include or not; petition approvals done by DHS and consulate denials), then we're leaving the original question/issue... That's all I'm really trying to say.

David, my original comment was actually in praise of your senority on here and how it is positively looked upon. But you must also take that with the grave responsibility that comes with it.

I am much more apt to follow your suggestions more seriously than I would some other posts from a person whose posted 10 messages. With 8000+ below your belt, you're seen as a battle-tested Veteran. So when you suggest that you've had success with going by these short cuts, which goes against what the actual form directions themselve ask you to supply, I believe it will lead some newbies to follow your lead. And if they fail where you succeed, they're going to be heartbroken and I think they'll look to you to take the blame because you suggested it was alright to do so. Yes, they should have done more due diligence and they should have made their own decision and taken responsibility of the decision but you can understand at least why some new member may take your word for it.

That is why I suggest complying with the directions exactly. Never short change. Then at least the USCIS is to blame, not the poster of the suggestion.

Just my 2 cents worth from a junior member. :lol:

David, my original comment was actually in praise of your senority on here and how it is positively looked upon. But you must also take that with the grave responsibility that comes with it.

I am much more apt to follow your suggestions more seriously than I would some other posts from a person whose posted 10 messages. With 8000+ below your belt, you're seen as a battle-tested Veteran. So when you suggest that you've had success with going by these short cuts, which goes against what the actual form directions themselve ask you to supply, I believe it will lead some newbies to follow your lead. And if they fail where you succeed, they're going to be heartbroken and I think they'll look to you to take the blame because you suggested it was alright to do so. Yes, they should have done more due diligence and they should have made their own decision and taken responsibility of the decision but you can understand at least why some new member may take your word for it.

That is why I suggest complying with the directions exactly. Never short change. Then at least the USCIS is to blame, not the poster of the suggestion.

Just my 2 cents worth from a junior member. :rolleyes:

Like anyone's experience, I share what I did.. but you might notice that I didn't put "my shortcuts" in the FAQ.. I don't think I've even put in the CR1/NVC shortcuts in there... so I'm cognizant [at times] at what I think the general mass should have in terms of a best practice.

Your point is well taken... :blink: