What is Immigration and Nationality Act,section 5A

It's really devastating for my fiance and me since 8/15/06. She got a white slip for denial, and GUZ will now return our case back to CIS for review and possible revocation. As mentioned on the white slip, According the I&N Act, section 5A, GUZ has determined that we do not have a bona fide relationship. I had been searching on the web hours for I&N Act, section 5A and can't find anything, asked my lawyer, and even she said there's no section 5A to her knowledge. Anyone has any input on this section 5A?

I will go to China next month to marry my fiance, cause this is the only way I think that can show her my commitment to our relationship during this difficult time, we really love each other, I'm not giving up on her simply by this setback. My lawyer suggested a better way now is to file for CR1 after I return to the States. Will we get a fair interview next time in GUZ? My concern is GUZ will bias towards our relationship even after our marriage. :unsure: No bright future in sight at this time!

Sleepless is Fremont, CA

It's really devastating for my fiance and me since 8/15/06. She got a white slip for denial, and GUZ will now return our case back to CIS for review and possible revocation. As mentioned on the white slip, According the I&N Act, section 5A, GUZ has determined that we do not have a bona fide relationship. I had been searching on the web hours for I&N Act, section 5A and can't find anything, asked my lawyer, and even she said there's no section 5A to her knowledge. Anyone has any input on this section 5A?

I will go to China next month to marry my fiance, cause this is the only way I think that can show her my commitment to our relationship during this difficult time, we really love each other, I'm not giving up on her simply by this setback. My lawyer suggested a better way now is to file for CR1 after I return to the States. Will we get a fair interview next time in GUZ? My concern is GUZ will bias towards our relationship even after our marriage.  :unsure:  No bright future in sight at this time!

Sleepless is Fremont, CA

239018[/snapback]

Some information for you

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Thank you very much for the information. I'm still a little confused, so can I still get married next month, file for CR1 after I am back and appeal when I get the notice from DHS, or should I simply wait for months, even years for the notice from DHS, appeal the case, after clearing it hopefully. Then go for another K-1 interview in GUZ.

sorry to hear of our situation... going back to the US for possible revocation could take about six months for any words... if you go get married on an open K1 case, you should let someone know to close it out.

In some ways, this might be better than getting a final revocation of the case.. but I think your wasting your time with a lawyer if your now in revocation... Why doesn't he have a plan for dealing with the revocation phase?

We are not hearing enough of your case to advise you; why the original blue slip? How many overcomes submitted? How many visits to china, etc...

The reference to "5A" appears incomplete to me... you need a better description of the INA reference.

I really appreciate your loyalty and desire to take it another path, and stick by your fiancee... there might be some personal sacrifices along the way, but if you truly want to be with her, then nothing should prevent that.

I will go to China next month to marry my fiance, cause this is the only way I think that can show her my commitment to our relationship during this difficult time, we really love each other, I'm not giving up on her simply by this setback. My lawyer suggested a better way now is to file for CR1 after I return to the States. Will we get a fair interview next time in GUZ? My concern is GUZ will bias towards our relationship even after our marriage.  :rolleyes:  No bright future in sight at this time!

Sleepless is Fremont, CA

239018[/snapback]

Some information for you

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

239027[/snapback]

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...topic=17092&hl=

some more information

Guest pushbrk
sorry to hear of our situation... going back to the US for possible revocation could take about six months for any words...  if you go get married on an open K1 case, you should let someone know to close it out.

In some ways, this might be better than getting a final revocation of the case..  but I think your wasting your time with a lawyer if your now in revocation...  Why doesn't he have a plan for dealing with the revocation phase?

We are not hearing enough of your case to advise you; why the original blue slip?  How many overcomes submitted?  How many visits to china, etc... 

The reference to "5A" appears incomplete to me... you need a better description of the INA reference.

I really appreciate your loyalty and desire to take it another path, and stick by your fiancee...  there might be some personal sacrifices along the way, but if you truly want to be with her, then nothing should prevent that.

239048[/snapback]

I'm sure this thread will be moved to the General Visa discussion forum but we really don't have enough information from you to be of much help.

There is plenty of help available here but we're pretty much in the dark at this point. In addition to what David mentioned, you might search your brain for the "reason(s)" for the action taken so far. What were the red flags? Then we can help with how to avoid raising the same red flags on your CR1/K3 case.

Why did the adjudicator conclude your relationship was not bonafide? What did you submit to support that it is?