Document needs to be notarized from US.

:unsure: Hello, guys,

I am trying to prepare all document I need to bring to China for our CR1 interview. Just wondering if I need to NOTARIZE the following documents:

1) a copy of the Passport: (I will accompany my SO for the interview, so VO can see the actual passport. But should I still make a copy of it and notarize it? )

2) Form I-864: (It has been a few months since last time I submitted the notarized I-864 to NVC. Do I need to submit a new one (of course notarize it first)? )

3) the past 3 year tax returns

I know my SO needs to prepare notarized birth certificate and police report. But do I miss anything else from my side?

NVC should have forwarded the I-864 and copies of tax returns to GUZ so in therory you shouldn't need copies. If you are going to be at the interview with SO then just give her your passport - it may impress VO that you are there in person. Of course just in case it is a good idea to have the copies of the I-864 and tax returns (last year is now the only one required), but I would not have them notarized (which is no longer required).

Your in that time of year where the I-864 sent to NVC is still valid today.. it covers the most current tax year. So as scott says, the consulate will get the NVC one..

No need to notarize anything at this point... if you get requested for something to be notarized, it will be for overcome at this point; and the fall back is that anything they ask to be notarized, you can get done for free at the consulate.