Help Needed!!!! CR-1 and K-3 name check question

Does the K-3 visa name check affect CR-1 in any way?

237397[/snapback]

In certain circumstances it can; In your case, it should not have any affect on your CR1 at NVC. If the P3 namecheck is not complete by the time the CR1 is at post, it depends on whether they issue the CR1 namecheck on it's own.

One example of where it would affect it, in a positive way, is that once the K3 namecheck completes, the results will apply to the CR1 case (ergo, no need for a CR1 namecheck).. this is a big benefit (if it can occur) as this is why the CR1 can be merged with the K3 at post and the interview can occur as a CR1.

Guest pushbrk
Does the K-3 visa name check affect CR-1 in any way?

237397[/snapback]

In certain circumstances it can; In your case, it should not have any affect on your CR1 at NVC. If the P3 namecheck is not complete by the time the CR1 is at post, it depends on whether they issue the CR1 namecheck on it's own.

One example of where it would affect it, in a positive way, is that once the K3 namecheck completes, the results will apply to the CR1 case (ergo, no need for a CR1 namecheck).. this is a big benefit (if it can occur) as this is why the CR1 can be merged with the K3 at post and the interview can occur as a CR1.

237403[/snapback]

A detailed timeline would answer some of these questions but...

Your K3 name check is in administrative review but is the case still at NVC or is it on its way to GUZ?

David makes important points. However, the CR1 name check doesn't begin until after the physical file is logged in as received by GUZ. If, by that time, the K3 name check is cleared, then that's good.

On the other hand if it is not, then the CR1 name check ON THE SAME NAME using much the same procedures will begin. The same information that flagged the K3 review is likely to turn up in any CR1 name check.

It's best to keep both horses running either way.

the CR1 name check doesn't begin until after the physical file is logged in as received by GUZ.  If, by that time, the K3 name check is cleared, then that's good.

237404[/snapback]

That's right. So if we take this point and the point you are at now (just received P3)... you need to return P3. I'm not clear if you already paid the IV fee or still need to.

Once it leaves NVC, it can be 60 days or more to get into the GUZ computer.

There's nothing you can do for the K3; but keep pushing the CR1 along as best you can. You'll have that two month lull waiting for it to get into the computers...

So, as Mike and I are saying, hopefully the K3 namecheck will finish by this time...

Admin review could be something other than namecheck... and it could be completed fast or slow... you just don't know. I would be inclined to call DOS and ask them specifically if the namecheck is completed and see if they can see this as a distinct issue from the admin review. Maybe it flipped into admin review after the check (or before)...

the CR1 name check doesn't begin until after the physical file is logged in as received by GUZ.  If, by that time, the K3 name check is cleared, then that's good.

237404[/snapback]

That's right. So if we take this point and the point you are at now (just received P3)... you need to return P3. I'm not clear if you already paid the IV fee or still need to.

There's nothing you can do for the K3; but keep pushing the CR1 along as best you can. You'll have that two month lull waiting for it to get into the computers...

So, as Mike and I are saying, hopefully the K3 namecheck will finish by this time...

Admin review could be something other than namecheck... and it could be completed fast or slow... you just don't know. I would be inclined to call DOS and ask them specifically if the namecheck is completed and see if they can see this as a distinct issue from the admin review. Maybe it flipped into admin review after the check (or before)...

237406[/snapback]

I have paid $380 for DS-230. We are in the process of returning P3 to NVC. What's the deal with administrative review? I heard this happens to K-3 but I haven't heard any CR-1 with the same problem. Does this mean administrative review only ocurrs in K-3?

Guest pushbrk

237404[/snapback]

237406[/snapback]

I have paid $380 for DS-230. We are in the process of returning P3 to NVC. What's the deal with administrative review? I heard this happens to K-3 but I haven't heard any CR-1 with the same problem. Does this mean administrative review only ocurrs in K-3?

237410[/snapback]

Administrative review is kind of a catch all. It can happen at any stage of any of the spouse or fiance visa categories.

237404[/snapback]

237406[/snapback]

237410[/snapback]

Administrative review is kind of a catch all. It can happen at any stage of any of the spouse or fiance visa categories.

237413[/snapback]

Thanks for all the help. So I heard for CR-1 Packet 3.5, if there is a hit on her namecheck, NVC will require my SO to take a fingerprint. But why didn't NVC ask my SO to do this for her K-3?

I heard for CR-1 Packet 3.5, if there is a hit on her namecheck, NVC will require my SO to take a fingerprint. But why didn't NVC ask my SO to do this for her K-3?

237419[/snapback]

That is true... when the case is at NVC, I think based upon return of the DS-230, they perform an in-house NCIC check (criminal background). Any hit can cause a request to the beneficiary for fingerprints.

I'm guessing that the K3 namecheck could be something other than the in-house NVC NCIC check... or something other than a hit that requires finger prints... Since it's admin review, it is not necessarily even anything to do with a namecheck... it could be resolving some information on forms, double checking something...