Which route to take....

Guest pushbrk
I now await your observation and explanation of the below statement from the web site this was copied from...lol.

I am sure there are situations that would find a SO here in the US for school or work that the below statement would apply to.

Please be assured, no misleading statements or inaccuracies will be directed to my SO. That is what this site is here for...yes?

Thanks again.

K-3

The U.S. citizen marries the foreign

fiance in the USA or in another country (could be home country), the foreign fiance goes back to his/her country, the U.S. citizen applies to the Service Center for an I-130 spousal visa petition.

237336[/snapback]

I'm quite certain you wouldn't intentionally mislead your SO. :-)

We just have to be so very careful not to do so unintentionally.

The statement you quote is accurate when it is applicable. It is seldom applicable for a China/USA marriage. It is absolutely not applicable to your circumstances.

I see Jim Julian has indicated another viable option for "celebrating" your relationship in China before legal marriage in the USA. This can be done before or/and after the visa is granted, if some percentage less than 100% is acceptable to the parties. :-)

Thanks Jim....This is a great idea that Wen Li may be open to also.

A K-1 can then be filed and granted (hopefully) rather than a K-3 followed by a celebration with her family and friends in Nanning with a legal marriage here in the US shortly thereafter.

I like idea of this option. I will speak to her of this also. Her decision will be the deciding factor in our choice of the K-1 or the K-3 visa.

I eagerly await her email response to me writings earlier to her of this subject.

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

There are many of us here who have made the choice on which visa route to take and most of us remain faithful to such choice (biased :rolleyes:). You have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of all the options and decide which is the best route for you and your SO. In my case, as in many others here, I had very little reason to marry here in the US and my SO wanted very much to be married with her family so it was a no brainer for us ... we got married in China and chose the K3 & CR1 visa route. We made our choice based on my SO's desire to be married in China. If getting your SO to the US ASAP is the most important aspect then the numbers say choose the K1 route because not only is the average length of time from initial filing to visa in hand quicker than the K3 by 2 months or more, but you can usually start the K1 process sooner (you can file as soon as you have all the paperwork in place vs. making arrangements to be married in China which may take a few months or more). You have already made one of the most important choices by becoming a memeber here and at VJ ...GOOD LUCK on your journey.