DS-156 Question

Hi,

Qustion 22 on the DS-156 asks: When do you plan to arrive in the U.S.?

How would one know that?

It says to provide specific date if known. I tried to type unkown in the box but the form said wrong format it needs to be dd-mmm-yyyy or it wont except it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Qustion 22 on the DS-156 asks: When do you plan to arrive in the U.S.?

How would one know that?

It says to provide specific date if known. I tried to type unkown in the box but the form said wrong format it needs to be dd-mmm-yyyy or it wont except it. Any ideas?

Thanks

237128[/snapback]

Leave it blank and then after you print it write ASAP.

Thanks, I didnt know whether to make correction in pen or not. Black ink...

Rick

Guest pushbrk
Thanks, I didnt know whether to make correction in pen or not. Black ink...

Rick

237130[/snapback]

Black ink is their preference for most government forms. The limitations of the online forms and fillable PDF's are interesting at times. :blink:

237131[/snapback]

Lee's solution will work just fine but to answer your "how do you know?" question, the DS 156, even for K visas, comes with the P4 and is taken to the interview. By the time the applicant knows their interview date, they often have a specific travel date in mind. Other non-immigrant visa applicants who also use the DS 156, generally have specific travel dates in mind.

Maybe if someone reads this I wont have to post another question.

As an example on the DS-230 it asks for father and mother,s address but it gives you a little box to put it in, would you just put the city then or attach a supplement?

Thanks,

Rick

Maybe if someone reads this I wont have to post another question.

As an example on the DS-230 it asks for father and mother,s address but it gives you a little box to put it in, would you just put the city then or attach a supplement?

Thanks,

Rick

237134[/snapback]

We abbreviated as best as possible and got it in leaving off the province and country. :blink:

Concerning travel dates, it is quite acceptable to tell them you don't know, especially since the consulate tells all beneficiaries not to make specific travel arrangements or quit their jobs until after they have a visa.

Remember this is a universal form used for a visa to the US and some Consulates in other countries are very accommodating in issuing a visa if you have specific travel dates.