Didn't get the visa after passing interview

I applied my parents to come to US. They passed their interview in Guangzhou on August 9th and were scheduled to pick up their visa on Aug.11. But when they picked up the visa, they were denied on getting the visa. My father was told to have his finger print. done. They said they will re-evaluate the case and make decision once the finger print is clear by FBI. I am a bit worried now because my father used to live in US and once was mistakenly picked up by police and had his finger print done in the police pricint. My father was discharged few hours later after they found out they picked a wrong guy. But nontheless, his finger print was there still.

Do you think he will be able to get his visa after the FBI clear the finger print check.

My mother didn't get the visa neither. They told her that her case was hold up because of my father's situation. My question is worse case, can my mother get her visa first without being hold up by my dad's case.

I tried to call Guangzhou consulate but the call never went through a right person. Anyone know how to contact the Consulate in Guangzhou.

I appreciate any kind of feedback from you. I really need help on this. thanks