List of things u like about China

Now that we have pointed out all the things we can find wrong with China I would like to see what we can find good about China.

Concrete telephone poles

Concrete railroad ties

Building materials in the U.S. just keep going up in price maybe a reuseable resource would help.

Good haircuts with a massage CHEAP.

Ping pong even old women are GOOD.

McDonalds is fresher here because it doesn't sit under a heat lamp for 20 minutes before it is served.

The people, at least in Beijing are more civilized than our American big cities. Out of the 3 1/2 months that I have spent here I have only seen 2 altercations and neither turned into a full blown fight. If you put 13 million people in Detroit for example there is no way that in a 3 1/2 month period you wouldn't see someone getting beat down.

The police presence is not the least bit intimidating, in the U.S. they look like they are ready for combat, pistol, night stick, stun gun, mace, black jack, leather gloves, and a whole lot of attitude.

These are just some off the top of my head if anyone can think of more please submit.

Edited by papa bear (see edit history)

PB

In China when your walking down a busy side walk and you bump into someones shoulder, they don't make a big altercation out of it or wave at you with the famous one finger salute, they just keep walking on there marry way

Family values still means a lot over across the pond, or it does in my Lao po's family.

Seems America has lost this...

"TJMO"

You can still go for a walk/jog in the park at 10pm in most big city parks

and not worry about geting mugged.

Don't try this in the states in most big city parks unless you have a 9mm on your side.

Bobby....

Chongqing cooking!

Chongqing Ladies ... well one anyway.

236346[/snapback]

I AGREE JIM!!!!

but make that TWO

Chongqing cooking is so gooood "hot and spicy just like the woman"

gotta love them spicy hotpots

Bobby....

236351[/snapback]

I''m right there with you guys make it three

I first saw those brail blocks in sidewalks in a number of cities throughout Japan 34 years ago. The only place I have seen them in the U.S. is the block around the Braile Center in L.A. There were also bird calls to indicate which direction the green light was on. Recently newer cross walk lights have had sound to indicate light changes and the count down to red that you see in China and other Asian countries.

I'm sorry to say that I think the guiding marks on the sidewalks in Shanghai are another thing that I dislike about China: meaningless formalities. There are certain things like this that are just there to show people and actually serve no purpose. Who really thinks a blind person could walk down the road here? I doubt they'd last more than a few minutes. I'm not blind in the least and I almost get hit by motorcycles on the sidewalks and cars at the intersections every other day.

I fully appreciate that no one jams religion down your throat.

238669[/snapback]

That's true. If they did I didn't understand them. :blink:

They only try to jam "watches" down it in Shanghai. :lol:

238744[/snapback]

Everybody should know where I stand on the religion and I fully support the first ammendment and in doing so I realize that freedom of religion also implies freedom from religion, nobody can jam anything down anybodies throat, you have the right to reject it and walk away.

238669[/snapback]

That's true. If they did I didn't understand them. :D

They only try to jam "watches" down it in Shanghai. :P

238744[/snapback]

Everybody should know where I stand on the religion and I fully support the first ammendment and in doing so I realize that freedom of religion also implies freedom from religion, nobody can jam anything down anybodies throat, you have the right to reject it and walk away.

238780[/snapback]

In line with this I like that there is no specific day of rest in China. You can find anything open any day. This includes the banks. In the U.S. it took years of court battles in the 50's as well as shop owners going to jail for opening on Sunday to get this right. The blue laws were over turned and now you can shop to your hearts content even on Sunday in America although not to the extent of China.

238669[/snapback]

That's true. If they did I didn't understand them. ;)

They only try to jam "watches" down it in Shanghai. ;)

238744[/snapback]

238780[/snapback]

In line with this I like that there is no specific day of rest in China. You can find anything open any day. This includes the banks. In the U.S. it took years of court battles in the 50's as well as shop owners going to jail for opening on Sunday to get this right. The blue laws were over turned and now you can shop to your hearts content even on Sunday in America although not to the extent of China.

238842[/snapback]

I remember going to Cullman, Alabama in the late 80's and the only thing allowed open on sunday was one pharmacy and they had to go to court for that, of all things that should be a no-brainer.

I think there are some lingering blue laws in pockets of the south and some of the shadyist preachers too.

Edited by papa bear (see edit history)
Chongqing cooking!

Chongqing Ladies ... well one anyway.

236346[/snapback]

I AGREE JIM!!!!

but make that TWO

Chongqing cooking is so gooood "hot and spicy just like the woman"

gotta love them spicy hotpots

Bobby....

236351[/snapback]

I''m right there with you guys make it three

236510[/snapback]

I must agree that the women of Chongqing are exceptional! As is the hot pot, which got me into trouble with my SO. Mentioned it more than her in an email!

However the Chinese language, in song, is one of the most romantic languages.