OF-169 Questions

Hi, my SO and I are currently filling out the P3 paperwork (yes! almost there, sort of) and have found some questions, which I pray the nice folks on this forum can help us answer, here goes:

1) Do we need to send in both the Chinese and the English copies of OF-169?

2) On OF-169, do we check the boxes for ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS and RESUMES? ( Marriage-based immigrant visa petition counts as family-based immigrant visa petition, no?)

Guest pushbrk
Hi, my SO and I are currently filling out the P3 paperwork (yes! almost there, sort of) and have found some questions, which I pray the nice folks on this forum can help us answer, here goes:

1) Do we need to send in both the Chinese and the English copies of OF-169?

2) On OF-169, do we check the boxes for ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS and RESUMES? ( Marriage-based immigrant visa petition counts as family-based immigrant visa petition, no?)

236318[/snapback]

Yes you fill out in both languages and yes, you check off the original documents. We left blank the Resumes, since they did not apply to my wife's circumstances.

1. I have heard of some sending back just the english version, but I recommend you send both back...

2. Family-based vs Marriaged-based appears to be used interchangeably... Once at the consulate, it is often suffixed with 'application' (instead of petition) and at AOS with 'case', but even this appears a little interchangeable...