denials after approvals

Some of our members have been denied their visa after being approved at interview. The most recent case because the consulate says additional security checks are needed. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...opic=19631&st=0

Why aren't these security checks finished before the interview? This practice is extremely hurtful to the parties involved. Security checks can drag on for months.

Please remember these are peoples lives involved not just cases. Try to imagine the feeling of elation turned to catastrophe when this happens.

As I sit here and ponder this I can only ask, Why does this happen?

• 3 weeks later...
Some of our members have been denied their visa after being approved at interview.  The most recent case because the consulate says additional security checks are needed. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...opic=19631&st=0

Why aren't these security checks finished before the interview?  This practice is extremely hurtful to the parties involved. Security checks can drag on for months.

Please remember these are peoples lives involved not just cases. Try to imagine the feeling of elation turned to catastrophe when this happens.

As I sit here and ponder this I can only ask, Why does this happen?

235781[/snapback]

As you mentioned, in rare cases the Consulate must delay visa issuance even after an initial approval slip has been given out at an interview. We are definitely aware that this causes hardship for the applicant, and really do try our best to make sure this type of situation occurs as infrequently as possible.

Just-expired security namechecks are one possible reason for this rare situation. Another possible reason is discovering important information related to the case that we would have a duty to follow up on, i.e. fraud-related or security-related issues.

Again, we know how petitioners and applicants can feel if this type of situation occurs. We do our best to make sure this type of thing happens as little as possible.