I have read the great news of several couples now getting their pink slips. :clapping: But then I have read where they talk about the vultures waiting outside the interview area, can some one explain more about who they are and what they are trying to do?

Thanks

Guest pushbrk

:clapping:

I have read the great news of several couples now getting their pink slips. :clapping:  But then I have read where they talk about the vultures waiting outside the interview area, can some one explain more about who they are and what they are trying to do?

Thanks

235440[/snapback]

Others will have more information but in general, they wait to see blue slips and/or dissappointed applicants and then offer to help them obtain the visa in return for large fees. I suppose some can actually help and do but it is very risky. It is best not to give your personal information to a stranger. These people have been known to sabatoge applicants in retribution.

The owners of the two hotels listed in the GUZ INFO forum or SmilingAsia can be trusted to help find honest and capable assistance if needed. It is best to walk by the vultures without speaking to them.

When I walked down the same path the applicants do, of course they didn't say a word to me. Obviously, I'm not a visa applicant. :clapping:

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
:)
I have read the great news of several couples now getting their pink slips. :D  But then I have read where they talk about the vultures waiting outside the interview area, can some one explain more about who they are and what they are trying to do?

Thanks

235440[/snapback]

Others will have more information but in general, they wait to see blue slips and/or dissappointed applicants and then offer to help them obtain the visa in return for large fees. I suppose some can actually help and do but it is very risky. It is best not to give your personal information to a stranger. These people have been known to sabatoge applicants in retribution.

The owners of the two hotels listed in the GUZ INFO forum or SmilingAsia can be trusted to help find honest and capable assistance if needed. It is best to walk by the vultures without speaking to them.

When I walked down the same path the applicants do, of course they didn't say a word to me. Obviously, I'm not a visa applicant. :)

235442[/snapback]

Thanks Mike, that clears it up, just something to worn the SO about.

Rick

:)
I have read the great news of several couples now getting their pink slips. :D  But then I have read where they talk about the vultures waiting outside the interview area, can some one explain more about who they are and what they are trying to do?

Thanks

235440[/snapback]

When I walked down the same path the applicants do, of course they didn't say a word to me. Obviously, I'm not a visa applicant. :)

235442[/snapback]

Mike, Do you have a link to the Guz info or SmilingAsia ?

I have read the great news of several couples now getting their pink slips. :)  But then I have read where they talk about the vultures waiting outside the interview area, can some one explain more about who they are and what they are trying to do?

Thanks

235440[/snapback]

There are actually 2 different types of businesses located on the 4th floor.

Visa Assistance Services

Airline Ticket Resellers

The price of tickets may or may not be a good deal, it's best to have your SO do some pricing before coming to GZ to be able to have a good comparison if you are considering purchasing there.

Of the Visa Services companies I know one has a good reputation. If there is an extremely serious issue they would be the people I would initially discuss the case with.

Many of the people at CFL stay at one of the Hotels in the same building as the consulate and the people who operate both are extremely knowledgeable and helpful with the visa process and many of the overcome issues.

Mr Yang and Mr Xie both have nice places to stay in GZ and can help to guide your SO through the process. My wife and I have stayed at both places and I would recommend either of these places.

It is always a good idea for your SO to put all papers away before leaving the 5th floor for both red and blue slips.

If it is a blue slip it is important to take the time to communicate with you exactly what is requested before any decision is made in how to respond. It is extremely important to take time to have a full understanding and not respond emotionally, many times those who react too fast with only emotion will cause themselves to receive another blue slip because of their haste. If you are staying at one of the hotels mentioned above they have always been very good about helping people understand the information requested so you can submit a good response and will tell you if you have a serious issue that may require involving an attorney.

I have read the great news of several couples now getting their pink slips. :)  But then I have read where they talk about the vultures waiting outside the interview area, can some one explain more about who they are and what they are trying to do?

Thanks

235440[/snapback]

There are actually 2 different types of businesses located on the 4th floor.

Visa Assistance Services

Airline Ticket Resellers

The price of tickets may or may not be a good deal, it's best to have your SO do some pricing before coming to GZ to be able to have a good comparison if you are considering purchasing there.

Of the Visa Services companies I know one has a good reputation. If there is an extremely serious issue they would be the people I would initially discuss the case with.

Many of the people at CFL stay at one of the Hotels in the same building as the consulate and the people who operate both are extremely knowledgeable and helpful with the visa process and many of the overcome issues.

Mr Yang and Mr Xie both have nice places to stay in GZ and can help to guide your SO through the process. My wife and I have stayed at both places and I would recommend either of these places.

It is always a good idea for your SO to put all papers away before leaving the 5th floor for both red and blue slips.

If it is a blue slip it is important to take the time to communicate with you exactly what is requested before any decision is made in how to respond. It is extremely important to take time to have a full understanding and not respond emotionally, many times those who react too fast with only emotion will cause themselves to receive another blue slip because of their haste. If you are staying at one of the hotels mentioned above they have always been very good about helping people understand the information requested so you can submit a good response and will tell you if you have a serious issue that may require involving an attorney.

235447[/snapback]

Thanks, this is information I will keep so when we get to that point I will have the information needed.

Rick

Some of the businesses around the consulate are legit. Some are dangerous to use. There have been reports of extortion after some of these vultures looked at some poor woman's paperwork then had her information. Tell your sweethearts not to show their paperwork to any of these parasites. When we went through the process the visa unit was on the island. The vultures were outside the gate. When my wife had her initial interview and got a blueslip one of those offices told her they could guaranty her the visa for 5K. I would recomend that anyone's wife who goes there alone steer clear of these people. There are some reputable folks around there that have been used by some CFL members. Ask for references on those.

Upon entering the consulate, you will proceed to the 4th floor. There is the infamous coffe shop right where the applicants will exit. Your SO has proceeded up to the 5th floor (where you cannot go) and begins the process. Relax. Nothing will begin to happen until 10-10:30am. There are two groups("fixers" and airline ticket sales) of offices and "hawkers" also awaiting in the halls circling the coffee shop. (Coffee is good - $25Y). As the applicants begin to exit, it becomes fairly obvious who is carrying a Pink and who a Blue slip...even if hidden. Tears are hard to mask. So there will be 5-6 "ladies" barking to the now devastated people that they can "fix" the problem. Please be wary; if they get any scrap of information and you refuse them, they can only add to the hell being endured. They are not pleasant human beings and the security guards backed them up and scolded them several times.

I will enter a thread regarding Mr. Xie and Angela...which leads me to thanking CFL...without this site; I question my outcome and certainly my sanity.

Thanks to all who have come before me...

Phil & Yun

Keep it simple. Don't give anyone any information about your case, unless it's someone that you know and trust personally. There have been several cases that were severly hampered by letters to the consulate from a "3rd party"... whether it be from the vultures outside the consulate or someone else with motives to sabatoge your visa. From what I have read, the worst visa denial cases involved "3rd party coorespondence".

So don't tell anyone anything until your so has her visa in hand. You never know who you can trust.

Edited by Cody (see edit history)