Tax Transcript or 1040 ?

After comparing my cases paperwork with some other cases I've seen while here in GZ, I noticed everyone else had their 1040 tax form and not tax transcripts.

I have only my tax transcripts (03', 04' & 05') which I ordered from the IRS and my W-2's.

I'm under the impression that the IRS's transcript is better than the 1040 itself from the things I've read here on CFL.

Do you think that the Tax Transcripts will be acceptable at the interview?

Thank You for your help, Richard

I'm under the impression that the IRS's transcript is better than the 1040 itself from the things I've read here on CFL.

Do you think that the Tax Transcripts will be acceptable at the interview?

Thank You for your help, Richard

235005[/snapback]

I'm under the same impression because the transcripts are the IRS's summary of what it actually received.

However, copies of the actual return are more than adequate. You do not need to order transcripts if you have the copies.

The W-2's pretty well complete the picture.

However, copies of the actual return are more than adequate. You do not need to order transcripts if you have the copies.

The W-2's pretty well complete the picture.

235007[/snapback]

My situation is that I have my tax transcripts from the IRS but I don't have my actual 1040's (or copies) and I don't really have any way to get them at this time :roller: :roller:

Guest pushbrk
I used only transcripts for the visa and AOS interview...  i have felt they are better, as randy says, proves the IRS truly got it.

I think you can get copies of the 1040 from IRS...  but you should like you have what you need at this point.

235015[/snapback]

My wife will only be bringing transcripts and W2's as well, for the same reasons already noted. Best wishes to the two of you. I know my wife is looking forward to seeing your SO.