I-134 do you need seperate one for child

I know this is late in the game for me but i posted a few week's ago that my fiance is trying to adopt her niece. I know now she can be added but I do not know what additional form's are required. On the affidavit of support do i just add the girl there or do i have to have a seperate one for her and what othere document's are required I am trying to put the cart before the horse..... My fiance will not know until monday for sure if she can adopt her but since her interview is on the 17 of august in case it does happen i want to be able3 to have all document's ready for her Guz informed me through email that when she get's a approval they would send out a packet for the girl for a interview but i belive this would needed to be done before her interview .... my fiance getting her approval for the adoption and to be able to have every thing in motion on this ..... I hope this post in not to confusing

Guest pushbrk
I know this is late in the game for me but i posted a few week's ago that my fiance is trying to adopt her niece. I know now she can be added but I do not know what additional form's are required. On the affidavit of support do i just add the girl there or do i have to have a seperate one for her and what othere document's are required I am trying to put the cart before the horse..... My fiance will not know until monday for sure if she can adopt her but since her interview is on the 17 of august in case it does happen i want to be able3 to have all document's ready for her Guz informed me through email that when she get's a approval they would send out a packet for the girl for a interview but i belive this would needed to be done before her interview .... my fiance getting her approval for the adoption and to be able to have every thing in motion on this ..... I hope this post in not to confusing

234075[/snapback]

Technically, no, you can submit only one form. Item 4. says "That this affidavit is made by me for the purpose of assuring the United States Government that the person(s) named in item 3 will not become a public charge in the United States.

However, all the people must be listed on the form before you sign and submit it. Depending on the specific logistics of your case, you may need two separate or two identical originals.

234075[/snapback]

Technically, no, you can submit only one form. Item 4. says "That this affidavit is made by me for the purpose of assuring the United States Government that the person(s) named in item 3 will not become a public charge in the United States.

However, all the people must be listed on the form before you sign and submit it. Depending on the specific logistics of your case, you may need two separate or two identical originals.

234078[/snapback]

Paul,

I just posted a query (in the "Other visas" forum) about a child my wife wants to adopt, that she took in in 2002. We may be able to compare notes about the adoption process.

I may have my wife discuss it with your fiancee (in fact they may have already discussed it).

On edit: The reason I bring it up is that if she can't bring the child in September, we may have to follow the same process thereafter.

Edited by leejcandle (see edit history)