Vaccinations....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Many of us experience that our partners are talking to others during the visa process. The information they receive may, or may not be accurate, with the latter most likely. Lan has completed her interview and was approved for her visa. In excitement, Lan called a friend in the US who told her she must also get shots (vaccinations) before she can come to America.

Now, me as Mr. Micro-Manager, wanted to immediately repsond saying your friend is full of shit, but I, in my normal caring and listening nature did not. Instead, I said, what the "F" are you talking about???? You don't need no stinking shots. You were already approved for your visa.

My partner departed to report me to the local authorities, who told her to listen to her lao gon. What say you?

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

only CR1s need vaccinations prior to leaving china (actually need them prior to the interview).

K#s can get them in china or US, since they will need them for AOS. But it's partly financial (cheaper in china unless you know your insurance will let her on the policy and cover her).

We got two of the three shots while in china to just get them out of the way (and cheaper); the third one was chicken pox and I assumed [wrongly] that any doctor would accept the scare on her arm.

The three she needs are:

Td - tetanus

MMR - mumps, measles, rubella

Varicella - Chicken pox

If you do this in china, get the yellow international vaccination book and make sure that some part of it reflects english for the shot, even if just an abbreviation..

Guest ShaQuaNew
only CR1s need vaccinations prior to leaving china (actually need them prior to the interview).

K#s can get them in china or US, since they will need them for AOS.  But it's partly financial (cheaper in china unless you know your insurance will let her on the policy and cover her). 

We got two of the three shots while in china to just get them out of the way (and cheaper); the third one was chicken pox and I assumed [wrongly] that any doctor would accept the scare on her arm.

The three she needs are:

Td - tetanus

MMR - mumps, measles, rubella

Varicella - Chicken pox

If you do this in china, get the yellow international vaccination book and make sure that some part of it reflects english for the shot, even if just an abbreviation..

232334[/snapback]

Yup, just as I thought. No stinking shots needed before leaving. I suggested Lan could get them now and save money, but to be sure she gets the paperwork clean and clear. Course, the paperwork will have to be completed again after arrival because moody US officials don't like electronically completed information from Communist countries like China. The Chinese might be using things that are not kosher and acceptable by modern US medical standards. Besides, whose to know whether or not some commie forged the doc eh?

Is my cynicism properly expressed here?

Yes, I too am having some difficulty on this issue. Although mine is somewhat different. My Lao po says that Doctors in China have problem with signing on the yellow vaccine booklet and she should get the shots here in the USA. I am trying to give her the idea that cost might suggest better idea to get the shots in China.

Does anyone have a real figure on cost for the vaccines US verses China that might help in expaining this?

My wife received the MMR's (2) and the TD (3) at the County Health Department for free. The Varicella costs $60+ for each of two shots. If your SO previously had chickenpox then she can get a blood tider test (about $25) done which will show if she has the chickenpox antibodies. If the test turns out positive then she won't need the varicella shots.