Waiting for a notice...

Don't mean to bore everyone with drama about my visa process :greenblob: , but I am doing DCF from Shanghai, and handed in my first batch of forms five weeks ago. Despite my outstanding penmanship, patience, and unyielding faith that "something is coming in the mail" every day, I have yet to receive anything. I'm not particularly worried, as such things usually take a month and could perhaps take up to two months, but to be honest, I really do wish that I had received an NOA by now. Anybody else had similar experiences recently?

Edited by kevininpudong (see edit history)

checkout the DCF FAQ for all things related to DCF:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

Here's one Shanghai example timeline taken from the FAQ:

Shanghai Examples:

(10 months)

01-04-05 -- DCF in Shanghai

04-05-05 -- P2 received

04-20-05 -- P3 received

04-24-05 -- OF 230 sent to GZ

05-14-05 -- OF-169 sent to GZ

06-21-05 -- 2nd name check completed

10-01-05 -- P4 received

11-15-05 -- interview -- PASS!!!

Be aware that the case will get forwarded to Beijing to check the case.. then it will get forwarded to GUZ...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I am state side but I sent my I-130 in on June 26th and have yet to hear anything nor has the check has cleared. Its been just over three weeks and when you see so many that post they got there receipt back within a week or two its frustrating, to say the least.

Yeah, I wouldn't dwell on it too much except that I read about some people getting their notices in 2 days or 2 weeks. It makes me wonder if I should have lived in Beijing or Guangzhou... always liked Beijing more than Shanghai anyway...

232222[/snapback]

Five weeks seems like a long time for someone filing direct.

Did you get a notice that your petition has been approved?

Have you gotten anything?

If the answers are no, I would look into it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I wouldn't dwell on it too much except that I read about some people getting their notices in 2 days or 2 weeks. It makes me wonder if I should have lived in Beijing or Guangzhou... always liked Beijing more than Shanghai anyway...

232222[/snapback]

Five weeks seems like a long time for someone filing direct.

Did you get a notice that your petition has been approved?

Have you gotten anything?

If the answers are no, I would look into it.

232464[/snapback]

And I still continue to wait... :D

I contacted Guangzhou (stupidly) and they told me they had no records of my file (since should still be in Beijing).

So today I tried calling Homeland Security. Couldn't get a person to talk to, only a machine.

So I left a message and also sent a very polite email saying I was wondering if any progress had been made, and if not, about how long it would take. Hopefully someone will reply? :D