My wife was interviewed on 05-06 and was given blue slip. My wife submitted the overcoming documents prepared by me to them by certified mail on about 06-15-06. I called DOS two weeks ago and I could not confirmed they got our overcome document or not. And they said Guangzhou consultate sent a request of my wife name check to Washington DC. Last week I called them, they said the name check was done and they said the case is pending and was in adminstration processing, and they will let my wife know by mail if the adminstration processing is done. Does anyone know what is an adminstration processiing means and what are they doing now and how long it will take to get it done? (It had been 1 years and 2 months since I sent in the I129.)

Guest pushbrk
My wife was interviewed on 05-06 and was given blue slip. My wife submitted the overcoming documents prepared by me to them by certified mail on about 06-15-06. I called DOS two weeks ago and I could not confirmed they got our overcome document or not. And they said Guangzhou consultate sent a request of my wife name check to Washington DC. Last week I called them, they said the name check was done and they said the case is pending and was in adminstration processing, and they will let my wife know by mail if the adminstration processing is done. Does anyone know what is an adminstration processiing means and what are they doing now and how long it will take to get it done? (It had been 1 years and 2 months since I sent in the I129.)

231865[/snapback]

Administrative processing is pretty much a catch-all term that is used to mean a number of things. There's really not a way to know for certain what is happening now. You already know another name check was part of it and that it is completed.

Somebody MIGHT be able to give you a little more encouraging feedback if you tell us what was asked for and what you provided in response.

231865[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about your situation. It is a drag to say the very least.

Admin review, what can I say. It is just a black hole that can last forever.

I have been told by my Senators and Congressman, that there is not any mandate for the process to be completed in any certain time frame. They will complete the process when they complete it. Now there is nothing you can do but wait.

Call D.O.S. Mondays or Fridays, and check every week if there has been any movement.

See if you can get your congressman to do a interest inquiry once a month, this will go on the record that someone else is interested in your case. But no-one can do anything for you now.

Sorry I can't give better news.

Rick

The OP has already related the visa denial here:

My wife went to the K3 interview and was given a blue and pink slip, indicating the further supplemental evidence is needed. Most of the doc. needed llike explanation of relationship, utiltiy bills, bank statements etc are not to hard to prepare. One of the document the consulate request is my passport with all pages copied and notaried with all stamps indicating enter and exit of China. Now, I was born in Hong Kong and had my Chinese name in my birth certicate and the Hong Kong permernent ID card. When I naturalized and become US citizen, I use my American first name in the passport and have been using the same name in the US ever since.

Because I have the Hong Kong permenent ID card, I acquired the entry travel card to China that can pass through the custom without stamp. When I visited my wife in China, I use that card to enter without using my US passport, thus showing no stamp to prove the entry to China. I do have the plane ticket to prove, but it is with my Chinese name. Now that I have two names, what I have to do to prove to the visa offcier that the two names represent the same person? Will they have me a hard time and deny my wife K3 application for this?

214882[/snapback]

Something triggered another name check, and this put it in 'administrative processing'... as rick said, there's no timeline they put around this. Hang in there...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)