I'm a little surprise by inclusion of this.. is this what the Public Security Bureau did or your just asking ?

The police report is simply a "certificate of no criminal record" ...

while FG is suppressed within China, outside of china the suppression is considered like a civil rights violation... SO I only see their government as interested in such activities (ie: red flag to them if yes), not the US... although if a criminal records has this as the reason, then I think one would want to explain it.

I would keep the wording generic: "No criminal activity nor arrest for all of china"... Maybe someone has some good wording (I cannot find the extra copies of my wife's notarial translations :lol:)

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I just recieved the translated scans today on SO's papers we obtained at her hukou. This what is says.

.Name, Birth Date, Gender, ID Number, Nationality .......resides in the area under the jurisdiction of ......... Police Substation, ............District. The person has not any illegality and crime records and is not an exerciser of FG ( in full words) during her residence in the area under our jurisdiction.

It was a suprise to me. One we obtaind a document from the police station "Type Written", after the fact a "friend who works for the police department " had brought a document that was

"handwritten." I was sceptical of the handwritten document due to stories of "friends helping", which I feel the friend was acting in actual honesty. So we went back to the police station to obtain a typed statement by a different person. Both of which have the seal/stamp ect. When both were translated in Shanghai they were to the same content.

Eric

Edited by yuan fen (see edit history)
I just recieved the translated scans today on SO's papers we obtained at her hukou. This what is says.

.Name, Birth Date, Gender, ID Number, Nationality .......resides in the area under the jurisdiction of ......... Police Substation, ............District. The person has not any illegality and crime records and is not an exerciser of FG ( in full words) during her residence in the area under our jurisdiction.

It was a suprise to me. One we obtaind a document from the police station "Type Written", after the fact a "friend who works for the police department " had brought a document that was

"handwritten." I was sceptical of the handwritten document due to stories of "friends helping", which I feel the friend was acting in actual honesty. So we went back to the police station to obtain a typed statement by a different person. Both of which have the seal/stamp ect. When both were translated in Shanghai they were to the same content.

Eric

230928[/snapback]

I want to correct a typo in the police certification.

'The person has not any illegality and crime records' should be:

The person has no any illegality nor crime records.

Eric

230928[/snapback]

230930[/snapback]

Thanks Cathy. :)

This was as translated. Not sure if is an important issue on grammer if it is as translated. But before they print it I will see if they will correct the grammer.

Thanks again.

Edited by yuan fen (see edit history)

Eric

230928[/snapback]

230930[/snapback]

Thanks Cathy. :)

This was as translated. Not sure if is an important issue on grammer if it is as translated. But before they print it I will see if they will correct the grammer.

Thanks again.

230933[/snapback]

Thanks for reading my note. I mentioned the typo cause it would show the opposite to what it means in English, esp. about the criminal record part.

Eric

230928[/snapback]

Thanks

Now back to the topic of the post. Has anyone experienced the Verbage in the Police Certification including FG?

Eric

230928[/snapback]

Thanks

Now back to the topic of the post. Has anyone experienced the Verbage in the Police Certification including FG?

230944[/snapback]

Eric

If I remember my SO just did hers in Chongqing and its says

"No criminal activity nor arrest in Chongqing"...

now we are trying to get one from Wuxi, to covers all the bases

but seems the folks in Wuxi are being A**holes.

And are saying since she doesnt live there they cant do.

later

Bobby....

Eric

230928[/snapback]

Many times people have this translated at their local notary and most of us may not be familiar with the exact text being presented. The Notary translations are probably toned down for foreign government consumption.

This could explain the verbage difference you are seeing.

Thanks guys

I am just concerned with the "FG" statement.

If it is something that USCONGUZ has no concern about then I'm fine with the wording. I did not know what it was until I looked it up on the internet, and searched Candle. The police didn't seem to have a problem stating it, so maybe it is okay.

Just looking ahead, and "COA". Verifying every letter and number 2 and 3 times. This process is bad enough make a mistake.

I will check to see who is translating the documents in Shanghai.

I think it is an actual translating company who did her divorce docs.

Shanghai dialect vs. Northern dialect? Possibly/ :)

The FG comment should have no impact; after all, it is in the negative. Time for a deep breath.

231079[/snapback]

This was the impression I had also. Thanks Don for the input.

For those who are curious.

Three translated copies of Police Cert, Birth Cert, Mothers Household Registry, and Fathers Death Cert were done in Shanghai. The quote was 1000 RMB, after negotiating the actual price was 300 RMB. I thought this was excelent!

Just to say everything is negotiable. :blink: