Hi All - This is my first time in the forum. Hope things are fine with you all :redblob: I have a simple question that someone might able to provide an answer to. I finally got the K-3 Visa yesterday :redblob: But do to some family mattersI am not able to leave anytime soon. Does anyone know is there a time limit that I have enter the US for the first time. From the K-3 Visa it only said that the visa will expires in 2 years from yesterday.

Thx,

JamesK

Hi All - This is my first time in the forum.  Hope things are fine with you all  :lol:  I have a simple question that someone might able to provide an answer to.  I finally got the K-3 Visa yesterday  :D  But do to some family mattersI am not able to leave anytime soon.  Does anyone know is there a time limit that I have enter the US for the first time.  From the K-3 Visa it only said that the visa will expires in 2 years from yesterday.

Thx,

JamesK

230886[/snapback]

A visa is the legal document to show that a person is permitted to enter another country legally. Any visa is valid before its expiration date. For example, if your K3 visa was issued yesterday, like in your case, and it will expire after 2 years, then you have a time period of 2 years to enter America. Any date within that 2 years is fine. K1 visa is said to be valid for 6 months, so the K1 visa holder has to enter America within 6 months from the issue date.

Another detail of the visa is the entrance times allowed, which means before the visa expires, 2 years in your case, how many times you are allowed to enter America legally. K1 is said the entrance times will be 1, which means within 6 months, the visa holder only can use that visa to enter America once. I have no idea about a K3. You can figure it out yourself.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Cathy

No - USCONGUZ informed one of our members that his wife had up to 2 years to decide whether she wanted to use it. The K-3 is good for two years, whether first time or other.

230898[/snapback]

Here's the link - it was actually in an email from a GUZ staff member:

Two years