And while we're in that file.. just to look ahead... You'll get Part II at P4 and will have the same line at Q.28 as Lee shows (for Q.3).

My SO tended to sign her signature in chinese , and ALWAYS printed name in english next to it (particularly since she never wrote her name in english previous to this process and we did this dual sign throughout).

Since her signature in chinese is: FamilyName GivenName ...

the english was then written as: FamilyName, GivenName (not the comma)

Guest pushbrk
And while we're in that file.. just to look ahead...  You'll get Part II at P4 and will have the same line at Q.28 as Lee shows (for Q.3).

My SO tended to sign her signature in chinese , and ALWAYS printed name in english next to it (particularly since she never wrote her name in english previous to this process and we did this dual sign throughout).

Since her signature in chinese is: FamilyName GivenName ...

the english was then written as:  FamilyName,  GivenName (not the comma)

230725[/snapback]

"Signature of Applicant" is called for at the bottom of page 2. Your wife is the "applicant". Her "signature" needs to appear here as well. My wife signed in Chinese Characters only. I suppose she could have done both or only in Roman characters but the point is "signature".

If your wife's signature before the VO at the bottom of page four will be in Chinese, I would think you would want it in Chinese at the bottom of page two.

I asked wife and step-daughter write their names in Chinese characters two places on the DS 230 part 1. Once in section 3 and again as the signature of applicant.

Thanks, for the help. Didn't want to start another thread, but what is the best way to get it done? I mean, should I scan the one page that she has to sign, email to her, and then she will Fed Ex it to me? I am trying to get the DS230 complete before it arrives from NVC.

Thanks, for the help. Didn't want to start another thread, but what is the best way to get it done? I mean, should I scan the one page that she has to sign, email to her, and then she will Fed Ex it to me? I am trying to get the DS230 complete before it arrives from NVC.

230870[/snapback]

You could send it to her and have her sign it, in Pinyin(English) and send it back.

The "best" way in my mind is that she downloads the file (or a friend), prints, signs and sends to you.. but you don't mention if she has the capability.. can she go to an internet cafe to download and print off ? that is fastest method.

If she cannot download, how about you send it in email as an attachment, she prints it (or a friend), sign, send back; (don't scan it, send the file).

If she cannot received as an attachment file, then I don't see how a scan is any better (except it is a graphic which she will print out and it's not clear as to what quality she can print it (since you mention scanning, this implies she can print something).

The last resort, and slowest method is you sending it to her in mail and she returns it in mail...