I-130 How long to hear from

Hi Everyone,

I mailed my I-130 in just two weeks ago but I made the mistake of not sending it registered mail so I have no idea if they have received it other then wait for them to cash my check. How long should one wait before getting worried? Is there anyway to contact them and check to see if they even received it?

Thanks,

Rick

I figure atleast another week before I get to worried because its early yet but just wondered if theres a way to contact them if needed.

Guest pushbrk
Hi Everyone,

I mailed my I-130 in just two weeks ago but I made the mistake of not sending it registered mail so I have no idea if they have received it other then wait for them to cash my check. How long should one wait before getting worried? Is there anyway to contact them and check to see if they even received it?

Thanks,

Rick

I figure atleast another week before I get to worried because its early yet but just wondered if theres a way to contact them if needed.

230068[/snapback]

Your I-130 will most likely get transferred to California. You didn't need to use Registered mail. You only needed receipt notification. When you send your I-129F, I would use priority mail with receipt notification (online) or trackable Express Mail. Remember the I-129F will go to Chicago, not Nebraska.

If they cashed your check, they got it. It's not uncommon to take a month or so to receive the NOA1.

I'm sure the processing centers are overrun with all the petitions coming in new and those being returned for the IMB RFE... I would give it a a few weeks to see NOA1... yes, look to see your check is cashed.

It will be interesting to see if K3s get slowed down or not... but the I-130 NOA2 is certainly going to take a few months anyway.

I'm sure the processing centers are overrun with all the petitions coming in new and those being returned for the IMB RFE...  I would give it a a few weeks to see NOA1... yes, look to see your check is cashed.

It will be interesting to see if K3s get slowed down or not... but the I-130 NOA2 is certainly going to take a few months anyway.

230073[/snapback]

Yes I forgot to send it so I would be able to check when they got it next time I wont make that mistake, so far they havent cashed my check so I will wait :blink: