I recently sent my I-129F to the Texas Service Center per the instructions. Per USPS Receipt Confirmation, the I-129F was received by the center on June 27, 2006. I have not heard any thing from USCIS to date. Should I be concerned? Is there any way to check the status at this point?

My SO does not speak very much English. Are the GZ interviews conducted in English and/ or Chinese? She is already in a panic about the interview porcess and I would like to help her prepared as much as possible.

Guest pushbrk
I recently sent my I-129F to the Texas Service Center per the instructions. Per USPS Receipt Confirmation, the I-129F was received by the center on June 27, 2006. I have not heard any thing from USCIS to date. Should I be concerned? Is there any way to check the status at this point?

My SO does not speak very much English. Are the GZ interviews conducted in English and/ or Chinese? She is already in a panic about the interview porcess and I would like to help her prepared as much as possible.

229812[/snapback]

I wouldn't be concerned yet. Chances are, your petition is being transferred to California. You didn't do anything wrong. It just happens.

If you did not file with the June release of the I-129F you will be getting an RFE anyway. (See the pinned thread on the new I-129F and IMBRA.)

We don't know yet if they'll handle the RFE's the same way when you file the wrong form after the new one was available but I suspect it will be.

Most of the VO's are capable of conducting interviews in Mandarin. If the applicant doesn't speak English, an interpreter can be found for Mandarin or Cantonese if needed. However, it is a good thing to help your SO learn enough English to greet the VO and understand and answer a few of the most common questions in English. You must somehow meet the burden of proving to the VO that YOU and your SO have a means of communication that works. There are a number of ways to do that and plenty of information here on the subject.

Welcome. You've come to the right place.

Not to worry, I believe the Texas Service Center is now forwarding petitions to the California Service Center. :angry: But, no you couldn't have sent it there directly. :huh:

You should be receiving something fairly soon, check your bank account to see when the check clears the bank. Sometimes it takes a month or so to get the initial response from USCIS.

Your SO should not be stressing about the interview at this point, it's probably 6-9 months away. The do conduct the interview in English or Chinese, but in this time she should practice English as much as possible and maybe attend an English class. You will have time talking on the phone and with emails to work on your communications.

Something you should do is sign up for a phone card with someone like DynaSky.com who offers phone logs you can print to use as evidence of your on going communication, along with keeping your emails so you can print a sampling for evidence to use for the interview.

The process takes more time than any of us like and there is no use stressing over things so early. I can guarantee it is stressful for both of you and the waiting seems endless. The best thing you can do is spend time talking and writing without worrying about things you can't control, it will help both of you to remain sane in the process.

We've all been there or are going through it, so you've come to the right place.