Couple of Questions

Hello everyone:

At the interview does GZ request and keep the documents that were asked for in the P3 and P4? Today I was looking at the process to change status after US arrival and I see they request some of the same documents that were required for P3. Does GZ let the fiance keep these? IF not can we use photocopies of the ones used at the interview for the change of status?

Has anyone had a Vegas wedding? If so I would apprieciate refferal to a good place. I would LOVE to find a place the can perform the ceremony in Mandarin and English.

Last, can we apply for his social security card immediatly?

Thanks

Toni

Always photocopy everything.  GZ can keep everything you submit.  You should have at least 3 certified copies of the Chinese birth certificate.  One for GZ interview, one for AOS, and one for applying US citizenship in future.

229779[/snapback]

Thanks Tony.. do you know if they accept photocopies or does he need to get 3 originals along with 3 original translations?

Always photocopy everything.  GZ can keep everything you submit.   You should have at least 3 certified copies of the Chinese birth certificate.   One for GZ interview, one for AOS, and one for applying US citizenship in future.

229779[/snapback]

Thanks Tony.. do you know if they accept photocopies or does he need to get 3 originals along with 3 original translations?

229785[/snapback]

It sounds like you are mixing terms here, the translated Notary birth record is what is needed. People refer to having an original or a photocopy of this Notary document.

For the interview GZ will require 1 of the "original translated Notary birth record". That will leave you with 2 to bring to the US.

When filing for AOS you can use a photocopy and you take the original with you to the AOS interview for verification of the photocopy you supplied.

Once in the US do not give anyone an original document to keep, you give them a photocopy and allow them to compare the photocopy to the original. Because the cost of getting new ones includes a trip back to China or waiting months for the Chinese consulate to get you something.

We have 2 complete sets of originals in a lock box at the Bank for safety.

Always photocopy everything.?GZ can keep everything you submit.?nbsp; You should have at least 3 certified copies of the Chinese birth certificate.?nbsp; One for GZ interview, one for AOS, and one for applying US citizenship in future.

229779[/snapback]

229785[/snapback]

It sounds like you are mixing terms here, the translated Notary birth record is what is needed. People refer to having an original or a photocopy of this Notary document.

For the interview GZ will require 1 of the "original translated Notary birth record". That will leave you with 2 to bring to the US.

When filing for AOS you can use a photocopy and you take the original with you to the AOS interview for verification of the photocopy you supplied.

Once in the US do not give anyone an original document to keep, you give them a photocopy and allow them to compare the photocopy to the original. Because the cost of getting new ones includes a trip back to China or waiting months for the Chinese consulate to get you something.

229790[/snapback]

My fiance doesn't have a birth record because he is from a village and they didn't have official birth records there at the time he was born. He had to get a statement from a relative taken in the police department and signed by a notary. It then got translated and certified into English. I am assuming that I need at lease one of the original copies for GZ .. and then if US allows us to submit photocopies we will only take one more set of originals ..

Always photocopy everything.?GZ can keep everything you submit.?nbsp; You should have at least 3 certified copies of the Chinese birth certificate.?nbsp; One for GZ interview, one for AOS, and one for applying US citizenship in future.

229779[/snapback]

229785[/snapback]

229790[/snapback]

My fiance doesn't have a birth record because he is from a village and they didn't have official birth records there at the time he was born. He had to get a statement from a relative taken in the police department and signed by a notary. It then got translated and certified into English. I am assuming that I need at lease one of the original copies for GZ .. and then if US allows us to submit photocopies we will only take one more set of originals ..

229922[/snapback]

You should be able to get by on 2 of them, but most will recommend having 3. Since you have already had it translated by the notary you should be able to take it in and get them to make you more notarized copies very cheap.

Remember, it's a long drive to his villiage if you need another one in the future.