How long after visa...

I've been searching for this info on the USCIS site and so far no luck... we just want to know how much time is allowed to stay in China after the Visa approval before she must come to the US. Any help is appreciated :)

Guest pushbrk
I've been searching for this info on the USCIS site and so far no luck... we just want to know how much time is allowed to stay in China after the Visa approval before she must come to the US.  Any help is appreciated :)

229586[/snapback]

It depends. What kind of visa?

Guest pushbrk
Guess someone should answer the original question.  :P

The standard time to enter the US on most visa types is 6 months from date of issue.

229614[/snapback]

And the K3 has two years to enter.

I love the line from the movie "Working Girl" where Melanie says to Alec, "You want a different answer, ask a different girl."

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Guess someone should answer the original question.  :P

The standard time to enter the US on most visa types is 6 months from date of issue.

229614[/snapback]

I love the line from the movie "Working Girl" where Melanie says to Alec, "You want a different answer, ask a different girl."

229619[/snapback]

You can ask any street walker you want but your answer is positively, absolutely WRONG.

INA: ACT 221 - ISSUANCE OF VISAS clearly states: © An immigrant visa shall be valid for such period, not exceeding six months

(now there are exceptions, but they don't apply)

Now you can argue until you are blue in the face over the length of the visa and that your wife will be issued a non-immigrant visa, but that will not change the rules. When your wife gets her visa it will be valid for entry into the US for 6 months, no more.

She will, however, receive a stamp upon entry that is valid for 2 years that can be used for entry and exit from the US, which is a whole different story and has nothing to do with the time requirement for entry to the US.

Now if you want to really prove you are right then have your wife stay in China for 6 months and 2 days before coming to the US, I'm sure you can convince the folks at the POE that you are correct, that is if the airline would allow her to board on an expired visa.

There are fine points that can be argued on most things, but the hard and fast time deadlines are not one of them.

My favorite movie quote is by Dirty Harry, "Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?"

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Guess someone should answer the original question.?:P

229614[/snapback]

229619[/snapback]

You can ask any street walker you want but your answer is positively, absolutely WRONG.

INA: ACT 221 - ISSUANCE OF VISAS clearly states: ?An immigrant visa shall be valid for such period, not exceeding six months

(now there are exceptions, but they don't apply)

Now you can argue until you are blue in the face over the length of the visa and that your wife will be issued a non-immigrant visa, but that will not change the rules. When your wife gets her visa it will be valid for entry into the US for 6 months, no more.

She will, however, receive a stamp upon entry that is valid for 2 years that can be used for entry and exit from the US, which is a whole different story and has nothing to do with the time requirement for entry to the US.

229627[/snapback]

I thought we went all through this earlier when discussing Gary and Merry. I had initially said she had to enter in 6 months and was proven wrong. I accepted that she had two years.

See: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...193&mode=linear

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It won't be the first or last time.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
I thought we went all through this earlier when discussing Gary and Merry.  I had initially said she had to enter in 6 months and was proven wrong.  I accepted that she had two years. 

See: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...193&mode=linear

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  It won't be the first or last time.

229641[/snapback]

The link you refer is from DOS concerning China Visas and 24 months is correct for a K-3.

For the original posters question you could have just as easily posted that link instead if telling them they needed to give more information.

Please post links to this knowledge instead of assuming everyone has read every thread on the board, I swear you must work in a government job. :P