CR1s; Any effect due to IMBRA

At VJ, there are reporting people having their I-130s being transferred from VSC to CSC ! :ph34r:

I can only assume this is to help VSC with their backlog issue from the IMBRA.

If you have any 'experience' movement in your CR1 case, please post it... including xfer's, approvals, touches, etc...

At VJ, there are reporting people having their I-130s being transferred from VSC to CSC:ph34r: 

I can only assume this is to help VSC with their backlog issue from the IMBRA.

If you have any 'experience' movement in your CR1 case, please post it... including xfer's, approvals, touches, etc...

229373[/snapback]

My CR1 application has been at NVC since late March. I paid the visa fee and sent the I864 a couple of weeks ago and as of this morning there has been no change in Status (Recording sais that The visa fee bill was generated on May 29...).

I don't know if this has anything to do with the new law, but I thought the law pertained to K visas only

That's true, the law pertained to Ks ... but there's going to be secondary effects: USCIS has to process all these RFEs; NVC is the gatekeeper for cases going both directions (those going out and those recalled back to the centers; then back out again for those recalled).

I cannot say what is the expected discrete time between each CR1 step at NVC.. another CR1 would have to say if this is within the normal range or not.

That's true, the law pertained to Ks ... but there's going to be secondary effects:  USCIS has to process all these RFEs; NVC is the gatekeeper for cases going both directions (those going out and those recalled back to the centers; then back out again for those recalled).

I cannot say what is the expected discrete time between each CR1 step at NVC.. another CR1 would have to say if this is within the normal range or not.

229375[/snapback]

It would make sense to assume that NVC may be jammed now, or will be in the very near future. God why does it always happen to me... :ph34r:

My CR1 application has been at NVC since late March. I paid the visa fee and sent the I864 a couple of weeks ago and as of this morning there has been no change in Status (Recording sais that The visa fee bill was generated on May 29...).

I don't know if this has anything to do with the new law, but I thought the law pertained to K visas only

229374[/snapback]

I have a I-130 for a CR-2 that has been at NVC since March as well. I sent my I-864 5 weeks ago and the status hasn't changed. I am going to call them and see if it has gone to GZ or not.

Guest pushbrk

229374[/snapback]

I have a I-130 for a CR-2 that has been at NVC since March as well. I sent my I-864 5 weeks ago and the status hasn't changed. I am going to call them and see if it has gone to GZ or not.

229497[/snapback]

Your status on the USCIS page will not change after NOA2. That agency is finished with you. All updates will come from DOS now. Call DOS to find out the current status of your case from now until interview.

229374[/snapback]

229497[/snapback]

Your status on the USCIS page will not change after NOA2. That agency is finished with you. All updates will come from DOS now. Call DOS to find out the current status of your case from now until interview.

229501[/snapback]

Shouldn't a CR1 who is exchanging forms with NVC, call NVC ?

Does DOS also give a CR1 updates on NVC process ?

Guest pushbrk

229374[/snapback]

229497[/snapback]

229501[/snapback]

229523[/snapback]

Sorry. I reread what was written and see that there was no specific reference to USCIS case status. Yes, call NVC (a part of DOS) until they confirm the case was shipped to GUZ and DOS directly after NVC is finished. I never listened to any NVC or DOS case status recording. I always spoke to a live person. Does NVC give recorded status updates like USCIS?

I dunno if it would do any good to call DOS while the case is at NVC. Might be interesting to find out though.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

229374[/snapback]

229497[/snapback]

229501[/snapback]

229523[/snapback]

Sorry. I reread what was written and see that there was no specific reference to USCIS case status. Yes, call NVC (a part of DOS) until they confirm the case was shipped to GUZ and DOS directly after NVC is finished. I never listened to any NVC or DOS case status recording. I always spoke to a live person. Does NVC give recorded status updates like USCIS?

I dunno if it would do any good to call DOS while the case is at NVC. Might be interesting to find out though.

229541[/snapback]

When the file is at NVC, you need to call NVC. They have an automated response system, and you can talk with a live person as well. I just talked to one and she informed me that my forms were recieved and processed today :) The automated system was not updated with that information though.

Edited by stacato (see edit history)