Does anyone know what this is? it is supposed to be used to fasten your petition together.

229358[/snapback]

It is a 2-prong fastener used for semi-permanent files. Any stationery store will have them, and the 2-hole punch for the papers. But, I'll tell you a secret, it is not required. You can use a staple, paperclip. binder clip, or nothing at all. The Acco fasteners will not speed up your petition nor will the lack of it slow it down.

But it does make it easier for USCIS employee's and is a recommended by a few of the service centers.

I am a firm believer that a neat and easy looking package of papers will get processed faster because someone will be looking for an easy way to meet their quota of paperwork processing. Plus it helps them not to lose or misplace a portion of your petition.

I agree with Lee...

You can put in a little more effort (and make their job easier) or you can put in a little less effort (and hope they got up on the right side of the bed)... I say, "Throw USCIS a bone" !

For K# visas, it will eventually get to your AOS packet for interview and put in ACCO Fastened folders anyway.. so they will have to do it at some point (if you don't).

http://www.papertiger.net.au/contents/media/Acco%202%20Piece%20File%20Fastener.gif

I agree with Lee...

You can put in a little more effort (and make their job easier) or you can put in a little less effort (and hope they got up on the right side of the bed)... I say, "Throw USCIS a bone" !

For K# visas,  it will eventually get to your AOS packet for interview and put in ACCO Fastened folders anyway.. so they will have to do it at some point (if you don't).

http://www.papertiger.net.au/contents/media/Acco%202%20Piece%20File%20Fastener.gif

229366[/snapback]

Basically, I guess it would be a waste of money to go and find this, since I'm sure I can just buy 2 like I would need. When else in my life would I need these?

I may just use the big paper clip. I did buy a 2 hole punch... it was $7.

and the colored tabs... add this with the $20 fed-ex bill.. it's starting to add up before I even write my first check.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I agree with Lee...

For K# visas,  it will eventually get to your AOS packet for interview and put in ACCO Fastened folders anyway.. so they will have to do it at some point (if you don't).

229366[/snapback]

The ACCO fasteners are popular....

I personally prefer these...

http://i6.tinypic.com/1z4zwoz.jpg

I agree with Lee...

229366[/snapback]

Basically, I guess it would be a waste of money to go and find this, since I'm sure I can just buy 2 like I would need. When else in my life would I need these?

I may just use the big paper clip. I did buy a 2 hole punch... it was $7.

and the colored tabs... add this with the $20 fed-ex bill.. it's starting to add up before I even write my first check.

229368[/snapback]

You can get them at any office supply store and they are only a few bucks.

ACCO Fasteners: I was able to buy them individually.

Tabs: (maybe looking ahead to AOS for those applicable).. use removable tabs (since they will remove them)...

Mailing: just send it regular mail. I don't see the point in spending so much money for the mailing.. Even my AOS was sent regular mail for a few dollars.

I was willing to spend some extra time, but not money when it's not necessary.. IMO, don't get caught up in saving 2 days for $20... Save it for an RFE :ph34r:

ACCO Fasteners:  I was able to buy them individually.

Tabs: (maybe looking ahead to AOS for those applicable).. use removable tabs (since they will remove them)...

Mailing: just send it regular mail.  I don't see the point in spending so much money for the mailing..   Even my AOS was sent regular mail for a few dollars.

I was willing to spend some extra time, but not money when it's not necessary.. IMO, don't get caught up in saving 2 days for $20... Save it for an RFE   :ph34r:

229371[/snapback]

I understand, but I can 2 day for about $6 using my companies rates. I like the ability to track my mail. Please don't say RFE :blink:

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)