Final I-864 question before mailing

I am looking at the I-864 form, I have everything filled out save for one area.

I am looking at the I-864 for my father.

Specifically part 9.

Under I am currently

A. Employed: Employed as _______

Name of Employer#1____________

Name of Employer#2____________

B.Self-Employed as a/an_____________

C.Retired from _______________

D. Unemployed since ___________

He took an early retirement, but still works part time because according to him "he didn't want to sit around and collect dust."

How would I list the social security benefits he collects? He still works for the company he took retirement from, he only works a certain number of hours a week so that he won't loose his benefits.

So I am afraid if I put retired from and works for, the same company it might cause problems. I called NVC 3 times, used a 12$ of a 20 dollar phone card just from redials. Each time they would only mention the I-864. I told the lady I filled that out, I am trying to figure out how to list retirement on the I-864a if you work part time. Gave up, called back, did this 2 times each time the answer would vary but i couldn't seem to explain.

He works part time, he collects social security benefits. How do I list the social security benefits? 2 of the 3 I spoke with didn't understand english that well, heavy spanish accents.

I asked about my wife's name and how they had it in their system, she said it didn't matter as long as I write Ying Ying Zhao. All 3 people said this, and said it wouldn't delay paperwork, or if it did, not that long. NVC is as bad as USCIS...retards. NVC told me that they didn't even pay attention to current earnings, just the last tax return, if that was so I don't need any assistance from my family.

I did get a straight answer from the socail security administration for anyone who runs into this issue.

My wife had a temporary SSN while in the USA. I got mixed answers from USCIS and NVC some telling me use it but write temporary they guess, some saying don't use it.

I called SSA and they said "it is temporary, a new one would be issued once she immigrates. A temporary social security card or number is just what it says, temporary, and not for use in immigration proceedings." So putting None on SSN number.

Hoping someone can help me out on the I-864a work/retirement part and I can get this in the mail.

Edited by trickyspark (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

Specifically part 9.

Under I am currently

Name of Employer#1____________

Name of Employer#2____________

He took an early retirement, but still works part time because according to him "he didn't want to sit around and collect dust."

How would I list the social security benefits he collects? He still works for the company he took retirement from, he only works a certain number of hours a week so that he won't loose his benefits.

So I am afraid if I put retired from and works for, the same company it might cause problems. I called NVC 3 times, used a 12$ of a 20 dollar phone card just from redials. Each time they would only mention the I-864. I told the lady I filled that out, I am trying to figure out how to list retirement on the I-864a if you work part time. Gave up, called back, did this 2 times each time the answer would vary but i couldn't seem to explain.

He works part time, he collects social security benefits. How do I list the social security benefits? 2 of the 3 I spoke with didn't understand english that well, heavy spanish accents.

I asked about my wife's name and how they had it in their system, she said it didn't matter as long as I write Ying Ying  Zhao.  All 3 people said this, and said it wouldn't delay paperwork, or if it did, not that long. NVC is as bad as USCIS...retards. NVC told me that they didn't even pay attention to current earnings, just the last tax return, if that was so I don't need any assistance from my family.

I did get a straight answer from the socail security administration for anyone who runs into this issue.

My wife had a temporary SSN while in the USA. I got mixed answers from USCIS and NVC some telling me use it but write temporary they guess, some saying don't use it.

I called SSA and they said "it is temporary, a new one would be issued once she immigrates. A temporary social security card or number is just what it says, temporary, and not for use in immigration proceedings."  So putting None on SSN number.

Hoping someone can help me out on the I-864a work/retirement part and I can get this in the mail.

229170[/snapback]

Under retired from write (full time) xyz corp

currently empoyed (part time) xyz corp

Specifically part 9.

Under I am currently

0„2 0„2 0„2  Name of Employer#1____________

0„2 0„2 0„2  Name of Employer#2____________

I asked about my wife's name and how they had it in their system, she said it didn't matter as long as I write Ying Ying0„2 Zhao.0„2 All 3 people said this, and said it wouldn't delay paperwork, or if it did, not that long. NVC is as bad as USCIS...retards. NVC told me that they didn't even pay attention to current earnings, just the last tax return, if that was so I don't need any assistance from my family.

I called SSA and they said "it is temporary, a new one would be issued once she immigrates. A temporary social security card or number is just what it says, temporary, and not for use in immigration proceedings."0„2 So putting None on SSN number.

229170[/snapback]

Under retired from write (full time) xyz corp

currently empoyed (part time) xyz corp

229173[/snapback]

Thanks pushbrk. Wish I would have asked here instead of all day with USCIS/NVC. Guess they're all still hung over from the 4th of July.