Vaccinations for K3

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk

I know that unlike the K1/2, the K3/4 is not required to get vaccinations before coming to USA but will need to show proof of certain vaccinations to adjust status.

What recommendations do you have for getting them there instead of here? Can they be done in Nanning or must it be done in GUZ?

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
I know that unlike the K1/2, the K3/4 is not required to get vaccinations before coming to USA but will need to show proof of certain vaccinations to adjust status. 

228906[/snapback]

K-1/2 don't need vaccinations to enter the US - just at the time of AOS: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm#whatare

"K and V nonimmigrant (temporary) visa applicants. Individuals applying for a K nonimmigrant visa as the fiancee or the spouse of a U.S. citizen or for a V nonimmigrant visa as the spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident (LPR) (including those applying for V status in the United States) must undergo a medical exam, but are not required to comply with the vaccination requirements at that time."

Guest pushbrk

228906[/snapback]

K-1/2 don't need vaccinations to enter the US - just at the time of AOS: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm#whatare

"K and V nonimmigrant (temporary) visa applicants. Individuals applying for a K nonimmigrant visa as the fiancee or the spouse of a U.S. citizen or for a V nonimmigrant visa as the spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident (LPR) (including those applying for V status in the United States) must undergo a medical exam, but are not required to comply with the vaccination requirements at that time."

228908[/snapback]

Thanks for the correction. I could have sworn I read just last night that the K1 needed the vaccinations. This must be later information.

I'll send the list of vaccinations to my wife and have her look into getting them locally. I'll also check with my county health department for their fees for same.

You might also want to check at your local Health Department to see if any of these are provided at no charge.

228914[/snapback]

When Ling arrived there seemed to be so many things that needed to be done although I had done all I could think of before she arrived. I bring this up only because the county health department was very nice to deal with. They knew all the shots that were needed and when they needed to be given. There was no cost for any of the services. The Civil Surgeon did charge and did administer the last shot. I’ve read since Ling had the physical in Guangzhou in December 05 she didn’t need to go to the Civil Surgeon in March 06. It was done anyway.