WELL NOW AFTER THREE TRIP'S TO CHINA AND A YEAR AND A HALF ON KNWOING EACH OTHERE .MY FIANCE ASK ME IF SHE CAN BRING HER NIECE > i DO NOT MIND i LIKE THE LITTLE GIRL SHE IS 10 YEAR'S OLD aND HAVE SPENT MUCH TIME WITH HER TO .mY FIANCE CARE'S FOR THE girl and not just emotionally but care's her to school help's her with her studie's etc .I sthere away to add the little girl as a benificary or would i need to adopt her or can my fiance adopt her there and then she added to the fiance visa or I do not know this was sprung on me today 6 week's before her interview . :unsure: She would like for her to come but it does not effect her in coming the brother of my fiance has a son to and does not pay alot of attention to the little girl any help or suggestions would be appreciated

well if she adopt's her niece before she get's her visa can she be added? or if she adopt's once we marry would little girl be able to come here to america soon after we marry? I know no one her is a immigration attorney But just curious and i never took the time to think of this before as we went and did thing;s together and the little girl was with us often .I do kinda feel the little girl will not get the attention she is getting now when my fiance moves here and beside's i like kid's very much

Guest pushbrk
well if she  adopt's her niece before she get's her visa can she be added? or if she adopt's once we marry would little girl be able to come here to america soon after we marry? I know no one her is a immigration attorney  But just curious and i never took the time to think of this before  as we went and did thing;s together and the little girl was with us often .I do kinda feel the little girl will not get the attention she is getting now when my fiance moves here and beside's i like kid's very much

228917[/snapback]

For the little girl to come anytime soon, the adoption must first occur. I have no idea whether this can be accomplished before the interview. If not, it would be good to accomplish it before your SO leaves China.

I would Check with GUZ Speaks for how to add a child this late in the process. Normally the child's name would already have been listed on the I-129F and the P3 papers.

well if she  adopt's her niece before she get's her visa can she be added? or if she adopt's once we marry would little girl be able to come here to america soon after we marry? I know no one her is a immigration attorney  But just curious and i never took the time to think of this before  as we went and did thing;s together and the little girl was with us often .I do kinda feel the little girl will not get the attention she is getting now when my fiance moves here and beside's i like kid's very much

228917[/snapback]

For the little girl to come anytime soon, the adoption must first occur. I have no idea whether this can be accomplished before the interview. If not, it would be good to accomplish it before your SO leaves China.

I would Check with GUZ Speaks for how to add a child this late in the process. Normally the child's name would already have been listed on the I-129F and the P3 papers.

228921[/snapback]

thank you for your quick reply my fiance seem's to think it would be easy for her to do the adoption even if the child did not come with her now when we go back the first time she could come then the little girl lives in the same home with her I just do not know if it would be a problem it seem's to add her as a benificary on a I-134 and maybe another form ??

The niece would likely have to meet the definition of a "child" in order for the K-2 visa to be available. Take a look at http://www.uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inser...t-frame.htm&2.0

The definition is very long but this portion may shed some light, and there may be other portions that more closely address your situation:

"...(E) (i) a child adopted while under the age of sixteen years if the child has been in the legal custody of, and has resided with, the adopting parent or parents for at least two years..."

thank you I will read this she is only 10 year's old and has lived in the same home with my fiance for more than 2 years thank all of you for your advice . it would have been nice if she would have approached me about this sooner I even when i was there in december expressed to her with out her asking me that If her niece wanted to be with us we could do this

thank you I will read this she is only 10 year's old and has lived in the same home with my fiance for more than  2 years  thank all of you for your advice . it would have been nice if she would have approached me about this sooner I even when i was there in december  expressed to her with out her asking me that If her niece wanted to be with us we could do this

228930[/snapback]

GZ has replied to this topic before. You can post a follow up question if the answer is not clear. Remember to always read through GZ speaks before asking a question. USCONGUZ is not a personal visa advisor. Questions must be of a general nature, not case specific and of interest to the members.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15780

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)