Guest pushbrk
Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou??I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.?I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.?They just can't seem to get this right.?On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

If you have had the same problems then I would like to hear from you.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

I would completely ignore the child issue. They will leave the option open regardless.

As for the P4, please be specific about what she received that makes you think she has the wrong packet. The K1 Visa IS processed as an immigrant Visa because immigration is intended. She will pay the nonimmigrant visa fee.

The first line of my wife's K3 P4 letter says...

The consulate has scheduled an appoinment for an immigrant visa interview for the beneficiaries as noted at the bottom of this letter.

A later line says...

the interview will take place in the immigrant visa unit at the following location:

The immigrant visa unit processes these visas.

228634[/snapback]

Frank,

The first line of my fiancee's letter says the same as your wife's letter. It has to be the wrong packet given this? Do you think I am right? Thanks for your help.

228645[/snapback]

I'm Mike, but I would expect your fiance's letter to be identical to the one my wife received. The P4 is not different for the K1 and K3.

Everything I wrote applies to K1. The immigrant visa unit will process the visa but she will pay the non-immigrant fee. She will queue in the immigrant visa line outside the Consulate on interview day.

She should have the letter along with the GIV-24, DS-156 and DS -157 suppliment.

228647[/snapback]

Hey Mike (sorry about the name)....Do you think I need to notify the consulate that my fiancee did not get the ds 156,156k,157 forms? Or should I just get them from the internet? I can't seem to find a good copy of the certification of intent to marry and the GNI-2 forms.

228654[/snapback]

I can't address the intent to marry but are you sure she didn't get the other forms? What DID she receive? So far, we've only determined that the letter seems correct.

228659[/snapback]

hey Mike, she did not get the other forms. I had her scan and email all documents and the ones i mentioned were not in the packet. I showed her examples of what the forms look like and she said she did not get them. GZ's consulate website tells what she should have received for the K1 p4 and the family based visa p4. The forms she got are consistent with what the website says for a family based immigrant visa but not for the fiancee visa. The forms for the medical and the family history are the same but the K1 is supposed to have supplemental forms included. I think that they sent the wrong packet. I will send them an email and tell them this. I just hope it doesn't cause anymore confusion than is already there.

228664[/snapback]

Yes, it sounds like she got the wrong packet, now that you give all the details. You can still download all the forms and get started on them.

Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou??I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.?I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.?They just can't seem to get this right.?On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

I would completely ignore the child issue. They will leave the option open regardless.

As for the P4, please be specific about what she received that makes you think she has the wrong packet. The K1 Visa IS processed as an immigrant Visa because immigration is intended. She will pay the nonimmigrant visa fee.

The first line of my wife's K3 P4 letter says...

The consulate has scheduled an appoinment for an immigrant visa interview for the beneficiaries as noted at the bottom of this letter.

A later line says...

the interview will take place in the immigrant visa unit at the following location:

The immigrant visa unit processes these visas.

228634[/snapback]

Frank,

The first line of my fiancee's letter says the same as your wife's letter. It has to be the wrong packet given this? Do you think I am right? Thanks for your help.

228645[/snapback]

I'm Mike, but I would expect your fiance's letter to be identical to the one my wife received. The P4 is not different for the K1 and K3.

Everything I wrote applies to K1. The immigrant visa unit will process the visa but she will pay the non-immigrant fee. She will queue in the immigrant visa line outside the Consulate on interview day.

She should have the letter along with the GIV-24, DS-156 and DS -157 suppliment.

228647[/snapback]

Hey Mike (sorry about the name)....Do you think I need to notify the consulate that my fiancee did not get the ds 156,156k,157 forms? Or should I just get them from the internet? I can't seem to find a good copy of the certification of intent to marry and the GNI-2 forms.

228654[/snapback]

I can't address the intent to marry but are you sure she didn't get the other forms? What DID she receive? So far, we've only determined that the letter seems correct.

228659[/snapback]

hey Mike, she did not get the other forms. I had her scan and email all documents and the ones i mentioned were not in the packet. I showed her examples of what the forms look like and she said she did not get them. GZ's consulate website tells what she should have received for the K1 p4 and the family based visa p4. The forms she got are consistent with what the website says for a family based immigrant visa but not for the fiancee visa. The forms for the medical and the family history are the same but the K1 is supposed to have supplemental forms included. I think that they sent the wrong packet. I will send them an email and tell them this. I just hope it doesn't cause anymore confusion than is already there.

228664[/snapback]

Yes, it sounds like she got the wrong packet, now that you give all the details. You can still download all the forms and get started on them.

228666[/snapback]

Thanks Mike I have begun to do just that. If you know where I can get a good legible copy of the certification of intent to marry and the GNI-2 then it would be muchhhhhhh appreciated. Thanks good buddy,

Charles

Just check out Links & Resources: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8778

228669[/snapback]

a couple of the forms I need are not of very good quality but are legible. do you think they would be ok to use? Thanks

228672[/snapback]

please be specific.. some of them can be found at different locations.

228678[/snapback]

GNI-2, Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry........these are the ones I need. Thanks

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

What is it they are doing to cause problems with (or about) your fiancee's child?

228617[/snapback]

They keep listing him as a beneficiary for a visa but he can't come. They even called my fiancee and she told them the same thing that he could not come. But they still list him as a beneficiary. I suppose this poses no problem as they will see when he doesn't come to the interview. Thanks for your reply.

228623[/snapback]

I have had the same problem with my fiance's son. We faxed GUZ in Feb to correct this matter. We also had to re-fax last week to correct this matter again. I had to send a notorized statement that her son would not be part of K1.

Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou?  I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.  I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.  They just can't seem to get this right.  On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

Reference the child I have the same problem have been told it is automatic. I didn't file an I-129F, only listed as a child of hers, for my wife's child but she is still scheduled for interview. I even sent Guangzhou an email. My attorney says automatic but the child just won't show up for interview. Questions might arrise but my wife is bringing letter from her daughter as well as the family member she will live with indicating the desire of the child to stay in China and the family is ok to take responsibility to care for her.

Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou?  I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.  I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.  They just can't seem to get this right.  On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

Reference the child I have the same problem have been told it is automatic. I didn't file an I-129F, only listed as a child of hers, for my wife's child but she is still scheduled for interview. I even sent Guangzhou an email. My attorney says automatic but the child just won't show up for interview. Questions might arrise but my wife is bringing letter from her daughter as well as the family member she will live with indicating the desire of the child to stay in China and the family is ok to take responsibility to care for her.

228798[/snapback]

Yes I believe it is automatic. GZ called my fiancee and asked her if her son was coming and she said that her son is in the wardship of his father and can't come but they still listed him on her interview letter. I think it will be fine if he doesn't come to the interview. I know they will ask her again at the interview but she can tell them again that his father has custody and he can't come. I think this will suffice. Thank you so much for you advice:)