I was going over the paperwork, organizing my W2's , tax returns and all that. I noticed a job missing from my W2's. I called and that employer had not sent in a W2 for me, and later I found out not one for my father either. We have the W2's the employer gave us, but the IRS has no record of it. We reported out full income, for example mine looks kinda like this. Made 30k from job 1 I worked, part time job made 10k. I show 40k on my tax return, but only one job on my W2.

My father's is just as gimped. He only has one job, the one I work part time with him. So the IRS doesn't even have a W2 for him in 2005. Although the tax return shows his income.

So the IRS says they want the company to send the W2. Well, on the tax release form it says they may check the tax return or w2, well there are no w2, so I guess i'm F***ed.

My mother's income was fine, all W2, everything showed up. So we decided just to use her for joint sponsor, she makes enough.

Now that leaves only one with screwed up paperwork. ME, federal shows total correct amount earned from both jobs. W2 transcript is missing the part time job and they have no record of it at IRS central. Do i have to put things on hold to this is fixed?

Second, I was helping my mother fill out the I-864 and realized I wish I could pay someone else to do this. When I got to part 25 in the instructions it says, You must provide either an IRS transcript or copy from your records of your INDIVIDUAL income tax return. How can my mother get an individual return that shows her amount when she files jointly? We are not using my father's income because of the W2 mess up.

The W2 transcript she got shows both their incomes, but won't add up because of the W2 that's missing. Gah I hope this makes sense, anyone know what to do?

Guest pushbrk
I was going over the paperwork, organizing my W2's , tax returns and all that. I noticed a job missing from my W2's. I called and that employer had not sent in a W2 for me, and later I found out not one for my father either. We have the W2's the employer gave us, but the IRS has no record of it. We reported out full income, for example mine looks kinda like this. Made 30k from job 1 I worked, part time job made 10k. I show 40k on my tax return, but only one job on my W2.

My father's is just as gimped. He only has one job, the one I work part time with him. So the IRS doesn't even have a W2 for him in 2005. Although the tax return shows his income.

So the IRS says they want the company to send the W2. Well, on the tax release form it says they may check the tax return or w2, well there are no w2, so I guess i'm F***ed.

My mother's income was fine, all W2, everything showed up. So we decided just to use her for joint sponsor, she makes enough.

Now that leaves only one with screwed up paperwork. ME, federal shows total correct amount earned from both jobs. W2 transcript is missing the part time job and they have no record of it at IRS central. Do i have to put things on hold to this is fixed?

Second, I was helping my mother fill out the I-864 and realized I wish I could pay someone else to do this.  When I got to part 25 in the instructions it says, You must provide either an IRS transcript or copy from your records of your INDIVIDUAL  income tax return. How can my mother get an individual return that shows her amount when she files jointly? We are not using my father's income because of the W2 mess up.

The W2 transcript she got shows both their incomes, but won't add up because of the W2 that's missing. Gah I hope this makes sense, anyone know what to do?

228292[/snapback]

Are you planning to send Tax Return copies or Tax Transcripts?

Second, I was helping my mother fill out the I-864 and realized I wish I could pay someone else to do this.0„2 When I got to part 25 in the instructions it says, You must provide either an IRS transcript or copy from your records of your INDIVIDUAL0„2 income tax return. How can my mother get an individual return that shows her amount when she files jointly? We are not using my father's income because of the W2 mess up.

228292[/snapback]

228306[/snapback]

I called IRS. I got transcripts. The tax return is correct, it shows full amount, the W2 is wrong, missing a job.

I wanted to send Transcript, but reguardless or what I send, the IRS is still missing info.. Not sure why transcript or tax return copy would matter, it is the W2 transcript thats f***ed up. The W2, both mine and my fathers are missing from IRS.

The tax release form says they might check W2 or just transcript, well if they do it check W2 then federal tax, it won't add up. Neither mine nor his. Do i need to delay the process until this company corrects themselves and sends in the W2 or what do I do?

Should I just give up and consult an attorney? Or screw it all, sell what little I own and move to China.

My mother filed jointly, so how can she submit the INDIVIDUAL tax return it asked for on the I-864 she was filling out?

Your problems are with the IRS, not the INS. Even there, the penalty is only 10% annual interest , if any tax is still unpaid. Send whatever documentation you have. Tax returns, transcripts, W-2's. If you wish, you may document the missing W-2's. Write a letter including the company name, amount earned, and that the W-2 was not received. If you use only the mother's income, the father's need not be documented.

The consulate will want to verify only the income, not the tax return itself.

Guest pushbrk

Second, I was helping my mother fill out the I-864 and realized I wish I could pay someone else to do this.?? When I got to part 25 in the instructions it says, You must provide either an IRS transcript or copy from your records of your INDIVIDUAL?? income tax return. How can my mother get an individual return that shows her amount when she files jointly? We are not using my father's income because of the W2 mess up.

228292[/snapback]

228306[/snapback]

I called IRS. I got transcripts. The tax return is correct, it shows full amount, the W2 is wrong, missing a job.

I wanted to send Transcript, but reguardless or what I send, the IRS is still missing info.. Not sure why transcript or tax return copy would matter, it is the W2 transcript thats f***ed up. The W2, both mine and my fathers are missing from IRS.

The tax release form says they might check W2 or just transcript, well if they do it check W2 then federal tax, it won't add up. Neither mine nor his. Do i need to delay the process until this company corrects themselves and sends in the W2 or what do I do?

Should I just give up and consult an attorney? Or screw it all, sell what little I own and move to China.

My mother filed jointly, so how can she submit the INDIVIDUAL tax return it asked for on the I-864 she was filling out?

228309[/snapback]

If you can make copies of the tax returns instead of using the transcripts, I think you will be better off. The W2s will still be missing but the tax returns will be accurate.

If all the reported income shows on the transcripts even though not documented completely with W2, its probably ok. I doubt the consulate is going to think you falsified your income and paid extra taxes just to qualify to sponsor an immigrant.

I would submit three years of returns for all concerned and provide the available documentation. That's the best you can do. I expect it will be sufficient.

It may never even be seen anyway.

IRS said there was no penalty, I paid the tax even though the employeer goofed I was unaware they didnt report it or whatever so I filled out my 1040ez like they had.

My father paid his tax as well, the lady that did the payroll deductions and what not failed to send in several people's W2's we are just finding out.

I paid tax on both jobs, even though they only received info about one. I am just worried about it from a paperwork, things don't match up angle.

About the last thing, the send in the individual tax return part on #25 in the instructions...looking at it from the joint sponsor view point, how can a person that files jointly send in an individual tax return?

How about a W-2 for that person, and a tax return to go along with it?

Ohhh, almost forgot (sorry for all these questions, but can't call the info line on the weekend and then they told me only 3 questions per call anyway.) does my mother need to sign a copy of the tax release info form as well as me? If so, I was thinking about making a copy of the one I have now with the barcode on it.