Hello everyone!

I’m in Chengdu with my darling =)

Two questions.

1) My SO has compiled all the documents for her K1; police cert, birth cert, non-marriage, etc… The ALL documents are on plain white paper with translucent red lines, with blank ink hand written Chinese characters saying the necessary information (such as, He Min, a girl born to Father Name & Mother Name, born on this day has never been married and is free to marry today, or something like that) and have the red Chinese seal of the office it was written.

Are these documents OK? I’d hate to spend a bunch of money on the English translation only to have the original documents not compliant to the Guangzhou Consulate.

2) I called the famed VISA Information Center last week. They confirmed that the P4 packet was sent out June 26 (along with so many others), but they couldn’t confirm the address it was sent to. The P3 was sent to my SO’s Shanghai address, lucky there was someone there she knew. But today, the Shanghai apartment is void of anyone she knows and we believe the P4 packet was sent there. Even after writing the new address on the P3. Do we need the P4? What is in the P4? How can we get another P4?

Any advice or wisdom would be greatly appreciated… tomorrow is Monday and we were hoping to get the English translations tomorrow…

I’m hoping our interview date is in line with everyone else… late August =)

Thanks again in advance =)

1. The notarial office should know how to do this document... and I would suggest that the english translation is probably more important; same seal and stamp.

2. You can call DOS to get the interview date. I can't believe they did not tell you at the call center the interview date.

You must have the P4 to get the medical done and to gain entry to the consulate. It will also contain a few files necessary for the medical and consulate.

See if DOS can tell you what address it was mailed to. If they cannot tell you, then email the consulate... Ask if it was sent to the address you provided on the P3.

You need Chinese Notary translations ... and be prepared for the medical people destroying your beautiful expensive orginals ... therefor get two originals of everything from the Notary.

Yes ... I know the consulate says you can submit copies and show orginals only if asked BUT the hospital in GZ pays that no mind and rips up the originals so they can put the "right pages" where they want ... sigh.

Guest pushbrk
Hello everyone!

I’m in Chengdu with my darling  =)

Two questions.

1) My SO has compiled all the documents for her K1; police cert, birth cert, non-marriage, etc? The ALL documents are on plain white paper with translucent red lines, with blank ink hand written Chinese characters saying the necessary information (such as, He Min, a girl born to Father Name & Mother Name, born on this day has never been married and is free to marry today, or something like that) and have the red Chinese seal of the office it was written.

Are these documents OK? I’d hate to spend a bunch of money on the English translation only to have the original documents not compliant to the Guangzhou Consulate.

2) I called the famed VISA Information Center last week. They confirmed that the P4 packet was sent out June 26 (along with so many others), but they couldn’t confirm the address it was sent to. The P3 was sent to my SO’s Shanghai address, lucky there was someone there she knew. But today, the Shanghai apartment is void of anyone she knows and we believe the P4 packet was sent there. Even after writing the new address on the P3. Do we need the P4? What is in the P4? How can we get another P4?

Any advice or wisdom would be greatly appreciated?tomorrow is Monday and we were hoping to get the English translations tomorrow?

I’m hoping our interview date is in line with everyone else?late August  =)

Thanks again in advance  =)

228272[/snapback]

It is good to keep in mind the concept that any Chinese language documents submitted to the US Consulate must be Official Notarial Translations.

No Chinese only official documents are acceptable.

The reverse is true of English language documents submitted to Chinese Government offices.

Guest pushbrk
But are these plain white paper originals good? They almost look like someone just pulled out a piece of scratch paper and wrote something on them  :(

In America, offical documents look like "offical" documents...

228339[/snapback]

If the Notarial office will make notarial translations of them, they are good. I would take them in and find out.