Finger Print for US

Hi Everyone, has anyone been through or heard of the following? This is for a CR-1 Visa if it makes any difference. My SO last Friday was at GZ for her finger print. The US consulate told her she they needed her finger print. We are still waiting for the P4 packet. The P3 was electronically sent to GZ on April 16. When my SO ask them in person about the finger print they told her that US wanted it and it was going to get sent over. Has anyone heard this before? Why didn't the US ask for the fingerprint during the P2 or P3? To me it is so strange. I just hope it does not delay our interview waiting date.

Guest pushbrk
Hi Everyone, has anyone been through or heard of the following?  This is for a CR-1 Visa if it makes any difference.  My SO last Friday was at GZ for her finger print.  The US consulate told her she they needed her finger print.  We are still waiting for the P4 packet.  The P3 was electronically sent to GZ on April 16.  When my SO ask them in person about the finger print they told her that US wanted it and it was going to get sent over.  Has anyone heard this before?  Why didn't the US ask for the fingerprint during the P2 or P3?  To me it is so strange.  I just hope it does not delay our interview waiting date.

227263[/snapback]

For CR1 the last name check is not initiated until after the petition arrives at GUZ. You got an answer earlier that requesting fingerprints as part of the name check at GUZ is rair but not unheard of.

My GUESS would be that somebody with the same name as your SO has a criminal record and they want to rule her out with fingerprints. You have no choice but to roll with it.

In my 1.5 years here, I've never heard of it.. but maybe others have.

But, my gut does not ring any alarms... They asked for it and she complied... hopefully the case is moving on.

Since your waiting for P4, you can call DOS to get case status info.. I would ask them about this rather than CFL... but don't put any worry into it unless there is solid evidence it is affecting anything.

Ask DOS if the namecheck is complete... that is the only delay you should be facing at this point...