Hello Everyone, I have been reading all the great new from the people finding out their interview dates. I see so many people referring to the DOS. What is the DOS and is there a phone number I can also call to find out? My P3 packet and along with other documents was forwarded to GZ on April 16, so I am hoping my good news is soon but I don't know how to find out. If someone has the phone number and if there is a special procedure to ask about the interview date please advise. I am just in the dark now waiting.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone, I have been reading all the great new from the people finding out their interview dates.  I see so many people referring to the DOS.  What is the DOS and is there a phone number I can also call to find out?  My P3 packet and along with other documents was forwarded to GZ on April 16, so I am hoping my good news is soon but I don't know how to find out.  If someone has the phone number and if there is a special procedure to ask about the interview date please advise.  I am just in the dark now waiting.

Thanks!

226829[/snapback]

1-202-663-1225 Option 1,1,0 They will ask you for your case number and fiance name. Then just ask for your case status.

Guest pushbrk
Hello Everyone, I have been reading all the great new from the people finding out their interview dates.  I see so many people referring to the DOS.  What is the DOS and is there a phone number I can also call to find out?  My P3 packet and along with other documents was forwarded to GZ on April 16, so I am hoping my good news is soon but I don't know how to find out.  If someone has the phone number and if there is a special procedure to ask about the interview date please advise.  I am just in the dark now waiting.

Thanks!

226829[/snapback]

I see you've been given the phone number. I take it your case is CR1 and that April 16 was the day NVC sent your case to GUZ. CR1 cases are running about 4-5 months from NVC out to interview so what you'll want to know from DOS (Department of State) is whether GUZ has logged you case as received and the status of your name check which may have been started around the end of May or early June.

Thanks!

226829[/snapback]

I see you've been given the phone number. I take it your case is CR1 and that April 16 was the day NVC sent your case to GUZ. CR1 cases are running about 4-5 months from NVC out to interview so what you'll want to know from DOS (Department of State) is whether GUZ has logged you case as received and the status of your name check which may have been started around the end of May or early June.

226841[/snapback]

Thanks Mike! Do you know if they will have the interview date after the name check? DOS is already closed for the day so I will have to call tomorrow to find out.

Thanks Again!

Guest pushbrk
Hello Everyone, I have been reading all the great new from the people finding out their interview dates.?I see so many people referring to the DOS.?What is the DOS and is there a phone number I can also call to find out??My P3 packet and along with other documents was forwarded to GZ on April 16, so I am hoping my good news is soon but I don't know how to find out.?If someone has the phone number and if there is a special procedure to ask about the interview date please advise.?I am just in the dark now waiting.

Thanks!

226829[/snapback]

226841[/snapback]

Thanks Mike! Do you know if they will have the interview date after the name check? DOS is already closed for the day so I will have to call tomorrow to find out.

Thanks Again!

226843[/snapback]

The name check is completed before they deem the case eligible for interview. Then sometime later the interview is scheduled. You can track all this a step at a time by calling DOS.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)